Thread: Hypothyroidism and Weight Loss page

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member

Hypothyroidism and Weight Loss

Shop Now
    As someone who has hypothyroidism I'm finding it difficult to loose weight on low carb meals.
    Anyone have any suggestions on what to eat and or a meal plan to help drop weight?
    Thank you.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    I also have hypothyroidism and while it doesn't happen as fast as I want I certainly am losing weight. When was the last time you had your levels checked? Maybe its time for a dosage change.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. I have Hashimotos (autoimmune hypothyroid condition) and going to no-grain makes losing weight practically effortless for me. It doesn't happen super fast, but 10 lbs loss every 3-4 weeks is typical for me. If I eat grain, I can maintain my weight but not lose. But I do also incorporate exercise and I use replacement thyroid hormone as prescribed by my doctor. We try to keep my TSH under 2.0 because that's when I feel best.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Low thyroid is often caused by weak adrenals. Support the adrenals, replace much of your oil with coconut (even the refined stuff if you can't stand the virgin stuff) and I bet you will feel improvement in time.

After that I would work on liver support. The liver is very important for weight loss and if it's not working well it's like paddling upstream.

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Thanks all. Asheyl, what do you mean by "work on liver support."

Foods and herbs good for the liver, lemon water (I drink a glass in the evening of one lemon in a glass of water, some might start with 1/2 a lemon), liver cleansing.. Especially if you are like me and missing a gall bladder (boy I wish I could take that back!!).

A little more info on liver cleansing here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d77549-43.html