Thread: Carb Flu - just now putting it together. page

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member

Carb Flu - just now putting it together.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've read a whole bunch about carb flu and when it affects those who have gone paleo/primal etc for a long time before I even started on 12/12/12. I did great for like.... 5 days, then there were a couple cheats. One day I ran out of stevia so used sugar in my coffee, one day we went out to eat and I had gluten,... I've been 100% again since we went grocery shopping on Thursday.

The past couple days I keep telling my friends I'm not feeling good and that I thought I was coming down with the flu, I just felt so crappy and tired. I woke up early this morning and just now had a nap. I'm taking a nap, sometimes two every day b/c of fatigue for the last 3-4 days.

I just assumed since I had cheated that I couldn't be going through carb flu, but that doesn't make sense b/c it's called carb flu not gluten flu or sugar flu right? lmao... So... I'm assuming this is what I'm feeling, right, carb flu?

Other symptoms:
    irritability
    sweating
    feeling overheated with no fever
    occasional nausea

I'm sure there's other stuff.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like carb flu. But I'm assuming its called 'flu' because it mimics the actual virus symptoms. Could be either one. I think you should continue to eat for optimal health and treat the symptoms you're experiencing regardless of the cause.

And don't let perfection get in your way. A teaspoon of sugar is not going to undo a weeks worth of primal eating.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Sounds like carb flu. But I'm assuming its called 'flu' because it mimics the actual virus symptoms. Could be either one. I think you should continue to eat for optimal health and treat the symptoms you're experiencing regardless of the cause.

And don't let perfection get in your way. A teaspoon of sugar is not going to undo a weeks worth of primal eating.
    True true. I'm still eating primal, drinking lots of water and napping when I feel the need. I know it'll pass eventually

I hear some ppl recommend to up the carb intake. At the beginning I was tracking calories and %'s religiously, just b/c I wanted to know what exactly I was eating. I find that when I don't track until after I eat what I want and how much, I still end up with the same amount so I'm just going with the flow of eating how my body wants!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates