A couple of holiday snacks
'Til the season for bringing cookies to work and compulsive baking in general. Seriously, it's just an urge I get around the holidays, to fill my life with ongoing deliciousness from my oven to share with anyone I spend time with. We've already got a thread going on primal fudge (thank God!), but here are another couple of recipes for holiday snacks that I've had great success with.
Power Balls holiday cookie-like thing
They do contain a bit of honey and maple syrup, but they're grain and dairy-free. I'll link to where I got the recipe, from Zuzka Light, but know that I substituted coconut flour for the ground oats, and they were amazing. Zuzka Light » Power Balls are Back – New Better Recipe
My mom always used to make candied pecans around the holidays, and I wanted to Primalize them. So here you go - no added sweeteners (unless you count coconut oil), but they do have some dairy in the form of butter.
1) Melt 1/4 cup coconut oil with 1 tbsp butter.
2) Stir in 1 tbsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp each of ground nutmeg and cloves
3) Stir in 1 1/2 cups pecans, so that they're evenly coated.
4) Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
5) Let them cool flat on the cookie sheet for a bit before eating or storing, so all the tasty goop doesn't just run right off the nuts.
Happy holidays, and enjoy!