A couple of holiday snacks
'Til the season for bringing cookies to work and compulsive baking in general. Seriously, it's just an urge I get around the holidays, to fill my life with ongoing deliciousness from my oven to share with anyone I spend time with. We've already got a thread going on primal fudge (thank God!), but here are another couple of recipes for holiday snacks that I've had great success with.
Power Balls holiday cookie-like thing
They do contain a bit of honey and maple syrup, but they're grain and dairy-free. I'll link to where I got the recipe, from Zuzka Light, but know that I substituted coconut flour for the ground oats, and they were amazing. Zuzka Light » Power Balls are Back – New Better Recipe
My mom always used to make candied pecans around the holidays, and I wanted to Primalize them. So here you go - no added sweeteners (unless you count coconut oil), but they do have some dairy in the form of butter.
1) Melt 1/4 cup coconut oil with 1 tbsp butter.
2) Stir in 1 tbsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp each of ground nutmeg and cloves
3) Stir in 1 1/2 cups pecans, so that they're evenly coated.
4) Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
5) Let them cool flat on the cookie sheet for a bit before eating or storing, so all the tasty goop doesn't just run right off the nuts.
Happy holidays, and enjoy!
What amount of coconut flour did you use instead of the oat flour?
Just a 1-for-1 substitution. Whatever amount of oats she says to grind up, I measured that much coconut flour.