Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Where to move post college??? page 5

cruncan is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    If I had to move I would go to Chattanooga. The suburbs are nice from what I've seen and the city has a little of everything to do, it also seems to have quite a few job openings in my field. As for being too Christian, I can't say, that's something I've never thought about. Why do you care what people think about you? They judge you, you judge them for judging you, why not just live together in judgmental bliss?
    I don't let the judgemental people get to me, I would just like to experience a place where the majority of people think like I do. Seems like it would be more fun to talk to someone that has my views. Again, the south is great, I just want a new experience.
    Hustle for Happiness, Hustle for Love, Hustle for Health, Hustle for Wealth, Hustle for Muscle

http://www.hustleformuscle.com

Leida is offline Senior Member
    My favorite places are Vancouver Island and Vancouver. I am sure it's just as nice down south along the West Coast as well. Seattle was lovely, and San Francisco. I would love to see stuff in between one of those days. As long as it gets mountains and ocean and less than 2 months of winter, I think it's great!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

laurenfritsch is offline Junior Member

two cents!

Quote Originally Posted by cruncan View Post
    Cool! I like the knoxville area too. If i did stay in the south, TN would be a top choice. My business is centered in the fitness industry, so my goal is to surround myself in a fitness oriented area.
    I grew up in Durham, North Carolina- gorgeous weather, still the South, and fabulous outdoorsy places throughout the state, depending on what kind of topography you like: flat/coastal, rolling hills or more mountainous out west. Asheville and Durham are both friendly to biz owners. (I'm a mobile entrepreneur.)

I've also lived in: Richmond, VA- great small town with fabulous food and huge crossfit community, last undiscovered southern city, river and trails, men who are 4s date chicks who are 8s (not to imply that you're a 4, but that doesn't really happen in many other cities that i've seen);

New York City - I miss the trees living here but Brooklyn is a tad greener for sure, most exciting place on the planet and great green markets/food/workouts;

Austin TX - no state income tax!!!!!!!!!!! amazing for self-employed peeps, almost worth the price of a condo just for tax reasons...but they're really strict about how many days/year you live there;

Boston - not my fave- way too freaking cold;

Charlottesville, VA - best place on the planet but not for a recent grad bc population is too small to be very interesting unless you've got family/like scamming on students;

Washington DC -great outdoor activities, lots of young professionals but transient population, horrible traffic and not great food options comparatively.

haven't lived but have enjoyed visiting: the magical land that is Santa Barbara (save it til you make your millions and then buy a house here with your honey and paddle board into the sunset with the dolphins).

also love Bay area outside of San Fran where the micro climates mean actual sun.

Denver is fab for young people too and gets mad sun, close to skiing.

San Diego is also bomb.

Most anywhere you go will have a higher cost of living than Alabama.

I have given location a *little bit* of thought and love trying out new cities. I still want to live in: SB, Austin and Charleston SC and possibly a mtn town in Colorado. For now I toggle bw small town VA and NYC.

Oh yeah: one vote for Greenville SC. It's home to many a pro cyclist for a reason. Amazing hills, low cost of living, great restaurants, nice people, good weather. NW georgia near Lake Lanier olympic center for flat water sports is the same...so is Princeton NJ. great NE town.

hahaha are you confused yet?

If so, perhaps subscribe to Outside magazine. they are forever doing the 25 best small towns etc. I grew up reading those reports...they sometimes spotlight great small towns you've never even heard of in Montana and Iowa.

finally, play around with the quiz on Find Your Spot | Find Your Spot

It'll get at a lot of your preferences. But at the end of the day...it's really about who you are and who you're with! If you can rock your biz from anywhere, the world is your oyster!

Good luck

cruncan is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by laurenfritsch View Post
    I grew up in Durham, North Carolina- gorgeous weather, still the South, and fabulous outdoorsy places throughout the state, depending on what kind of topography you like: flat/coastal, rolling hills or more mountainous out west. Asheville and Durham are both friendly to biz owners. (I'm a mobile entrepreneur.)

I've also lived in: Richmond, VA- great small town with fabulous food and huge crossfit community, last undiscovered southern city, river and trails, men who are 4s date chicks who are 8s (not to imply that you're a 4, but that doesn't really happen in many other cities that i've seen);

New York City - I miss the trees living here but Brooklyn is a tad greener for sure, most exciting place on the planet and great green markets/food/workouts;

Austin TX - no state income tax!!!!!!!!!!! amazing for self-employed peeps, almost worth the price of a condo just for tax reasons...but they're really strict about how many days/year you live there;

Boston - not my fave- way too freaking cold;

Charlottesville, VA - best place on the planet but not for a recent grad bc population is too small to be very interesting unless you've got family/like scamming on students;

Washington DC -great outdoor activities, lots of young professionals but transient population, horrible traffic and not great food options comparatively.

haven't lived but have enjoyed visiting: the magical land that is Santa Barbara (save it til you make your millions and then buy a house here with your honey and paddle board into the sunset with the dolphins).

also love Bay area outside of San Fran where the micro climates mean actual sun.

Denver is fab for young people too and gets mad sun, close to skiing.

San Diego is also bomb.

Most anywhere you go will have a higher cost of living than Alabama.

I have given location a *little bit* of thought and love trying out new cities. I still want to live in: SB, Austin and Charleston SC and possibly a mtn town in Colorado. For now I toggle bw small town VA and NYC.

Oh yeah: one vote for Greenville SC. It's home to many a pro cyclist for a reason. Amazing hills, low cost of living, great restaurants, nice people, good weather. NW georgia near Lake Lanier olympic center for flat water sports is the same...so is Princeton NJ. great NE town.

hahaha are you confused yet?

If so, perhaps subscribe to Outside magazine. they are forever doing the 25 best small towns etc. I grew up reading those reports...they sometimes spotlight great small towns you've never even heard of in Montana and Iowa.

finally, play around with the quiz on Find Your Spot | Find Your Spot

It'll get at a lot of your preferences. But at the end of the day...it's really about who you are and who you're with! If you can rock your biz from anywhere, the world is your oyster!

Good luck
    THIS was AMAZING!
    Hustle for Happiness, Hustle for Love, Hustle for Health, Hustle for Wealth, Hustle for Muscle

http://www.hustleformuscle.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345