Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where to move post college??? page 4

cruncan is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    The combination of mild winters and non-humid summers pretty much knocks out almost all of those options. The only areas in the U.S. I can think of that have both those factors are areas in the southwest (and possibly the magical Colorado, I think it has a pretty dry climate (but cold winters), but hopefully someone from there can correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Tucson has very mild winters, and very non-humid summers, but the catch is the summers are brutually hot. So, in terms of weather, there's probably got to be some compromise (like maybe humid summers are okay if it's for a shorter period of time than say a Georgia summer). In that case, places like Asheville could work.

You mentioned nightlife...are you looking for bars/clubs type of stuff, or are you also interested in cultural stuff like theater, arts, music scene, etc?

Economy needs to be strong...does this mean you need to be in an area where there is a lot of money, and cost of living isn't a factor?
    I like hot weather (not 100 degrees all the time hot)and I grew up in the very humid south. Humidity isn't a deal breaker, it's just a plus if it's not a factor.

I don't remember mentioning night life, but we can talk about it lol. I'm not a club/ bar type guy, alcohol isn't really my thing. I'd rather have fun doing something without alcohol at night. It doesn't take much to entertain me, just need some good friends. I liketh zee music and theatre/art doesn't fancy me.

I need people with disposable income to supply my business(Hustle for Muscle) with a profit. I'm not sure I could handle a high cost of living right now. I will be straight out of college with a new small business. Although, I do think my business would do very well in San Diego (but it's so expensive to live there compared to other places I'm considering).

I'm trying to stay away from the AZ desert. I like GREEN places.
    Hustle for Happiness, Hustle for Love, Hustle for Health, Hustle for Wealth, Hustle for Muscle

http://www.hustleformuscle.com

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    For whom ever asked, I live just south of Cincinnati in Northern Kentucky, which is where I grew up. I've lived all over the country and ultimately found my way back home.

Cruncan, I used to live in the Research Triangle area of North Carolina. Temperate weather, lots of green, close to mountains, lots of young highly educated people, Duke University, North Carolina University, University of Northern Carolina Chapel Hill, etc. Google Research Triangle and see what you think.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Take the "Find Your Spot" quiz:
    Find Your Spot | Find Your Spot

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cruncan View Post
    I like hot weather (not 100 degrees all the time hot)and I grew up in the very humid south. Humidity isn't a deal breaker, it's just a plus if it's not a factor.

I don't remember mentioning night life, but we can talk about it lol. I'm not a club/ bar type guy, alcohol isn't really my thing. I'd rather have fun doing something without alcohol at night. It doesn't take much to entertain me, just need some good friends. I liketh zee music and theatre/art doesn't fancy me.

I need people with disposable income to supply my business(Hustle for Muscle) with a profit. I'm not sure I could handle a high cost of living right now. I will be straight out of college with a new small business. Although, I do think my business would do very well in San Diego (but it's so expensive to live there compared to other places I'm considering).

I'm trying to stay away from the AZ desert. I like GREEN places.
    What about northern California (I'm thinking someplace like Arcata or Eureka)...Weather is awesome, access to green space, expensive (but not as bad as southern California) which consequently means there are people with disposible income. Plus, I remember Arcata having lots of young people who were very social...my friends and I were invited to three parties during our pit stop at the food coop there.

Opie is offline Junior Member
    Portland is a nice place. I moved from Arizona. It also has a lot of paleo/primal support.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    That's a cool link, thanks!

I'm supposed to be living in Corvallis, OR. xD The Bay Area wasn't even on the top 24 :\ Looks like I moved to the wrong place haha!

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I like this link alot! It says I should be in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I dont know about that, but i love that it gives 4 pages worth of choices and also gives alot of useful information on each. Most of my results are located in the south. I want to try out a new region of the country. Cool though!
    Hustle for Happiness, Hustle for Love, Hustle for Health, Hustle for Wealth, Hustle for Muscle

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I know you're looking for mild winters, but if that's negotiable, Minneapolis is an awesome city to check out...lots of young folks into athletic stuff (there is an amazing network of bicycle paths around the city that convert to cross-country ski trails in the winter, there are a zillion lakes, it's pretty affordable but there's a good economy (as far as i know) and there's a really vibrant arts and music scene...lots to do. Maybe the winters will make you appreciate the South more

The main reason I'm trying to get out of the south is due to its hardcore Christian culture. I'm not religious and that is very bad in the south haha. People are so judgemental down here. Its nuts! I love everything else about the south. An open minded culture is what I'm looking for. Im fed up with not being Christian in the Bible belt.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If I had to move I would go to Chattanooga. The suburbs are nice from what I've seen and the city has a little of everything to do, it also seems to have quite a few job openings in my field. As for being too Christian, I can't say, that's something I've never thought about. Why do you care what people think about you? They judge you, you judge them for judging you, why not just live together in judgmental bliss?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast