Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to move post college??? page 2

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Californians tend to like Austin. That may be where much of the city's growth came from. Most of the rivers in that area of the hill country are spring feed so they can be cristal clear. Canoing and river rafting is big. You don't have to drive very far west to get out of the city. Texas is a "business friendly" state. Couple that with the oil and natural gas in income Texas is hit less hard during recessions. There is no state income tax. To gov rev is from sales tax and property tax. The traffic in Austin sucks. I-35 is particularly bad so most local will take alternate routs to avoid it. If I'm going down that way I'll that the new 130 tollway from Georgetown. It parrells I-35 from Georgetown to San Antonio and is 85mph speed limit. Any of the cities from Georgetown down to San Antonio will be relatively the same for recreational stuff. But the traffic won't be as bad as Austin's.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Texas is a "business friendly" state.
    I second this. I love California, especially the coastal areas where the air is cleaner and I have access to water similar to that of island life, but if I did not mind the hot weather and the landlockedness of Texas, I'd totally go there. I'm an entrepreneur at heart and love business and commerce, so I would highly recommend Texas. Although I would also agree with the posters who ask you what kind of business you're interested in, and to go there.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I love California, especially the coastal areas where the air is cleaner and I have access to water similar to that of island life
    Yep. Right here in America's Finest City, San Diego, CA. OK I'm a tad biased but I didn't notice how nice it was growing up until I moved away and then back and said, "Why didn't anybody tell me I was raised in paradise?"

If you ever wander out this way, I would be happy to show you around.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I recommend Bend, Oregon.

I don't recommend Santa Barbara. Well, I do, but having your own business isn't going to do much for you here unless it's like a billion dollar company and you're one of the C-level executives.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I'm headed to Knoxville, TN in July. To me, that's the best place in the country to live. TN has a good economy, access to loads of farms, has a great food culture, and you can be as urban or rural as you want.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    I am actually in the exact same boat, except without the business plans. My current plan is to embark on a nationwide journey, and hopefully I will be able to put myself up with some wwoofing, possibly for an an entire season. I think the best way to decide where to live is to just go there and feel out the vibes, and right now I don't have anything holding me back, so why not?

fresa is offline Member
    Imma go ahead and throw in a bid for the northeast. Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, that area. Although I'll admit it can be small in some areas, there is no outdoors like it. Rolling mountains, clear lakes and rivers, beautiful scenery year round (yay for actual distinct seasons!) and people are fairly open to different lifestyles. It would be a cultural shift from Alabama no doubt, but I love it there! The particular city that comes to mind for me is Burlington, Vermont. A very young, sort of "hip city" that's quite unique. It's not as large as Boston or New York, but it's till got a city-ish feel.

cruncan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I'm headed to Knoxville, TN in July. To me, that's the best place in the country to live. TN has a good economy, access to loads of farms, has a great food culture, and you can be as urban or rural as you want.
    Cool! I like the knoxville area too. If i did stay in the south, TN would be a top choice. My business is centered in the fitness industry, so my goal is to surround myself in a fitness oriented area.
    Hustle for Happiness, Hustle for Love, Hustle for Health, Hustle for Wealth, Hustle for Muscle

http://www.hustleformuscle.com

cruncan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo712 View Post
    I am actually in the exact same boat, except without the business plans. My current plan is to embark on a nationwide journey, and hopefully I will be able to put myself up with some wwoofing, possibly for an an entire season. I think the best way to decide where to live is to just go there and feel out the vibes, and right now I don't have anything holding me back, so why not?
    Dude! You have it made! Thats so awesome. Do you have a facebook? Id like to chat with you some more. Facebook.com/cruncan
    Hustle for Happiness, Hustle for Love, Hustle for Health, Hustle for Wealth, Hustle for Muscle

http://www.hustleformuscle.com

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yep. Right here in America's Finest City, San Diego, CA. OK I'm a tad biased but I didn't notice how nice it was growing up until I moved away and then back and said, "Why didn't anybody tell me I was raised in paradise?"

If you ever wander out this way, I would be happy to show you around.
    Awww, thank you SD was actually my second choice when my company was asking me which office to which I wanted to move. The only memories I have is of Sea World, but I'd love to go down there when I get the chance, to just chill out and walk/drive around the entire place

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast