Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whole Foods - Part Brain page 2

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneArchy View Post
    O man I was so upset! I prefer thick bacon to thin and I think it was AppleGate Farms that sold thick, uncured, Applewood bacon at Whole Foods. But now, all their bacon is marked "40 % LESS FAT". They have no full-fat thick bacon available in any brand right now .
    that just means you have to eat 40% more bacon.... i fail to see the problem
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneArchy View Post
    O man I was so upset! I prefer thick bacon to thin and I think it was AppleGate Farms that sold thick, uncured, Applewood bacon at Whole Foods. But now, all their bacon is marked "40 % LESS FAT". They have no full-fat thick bacon available in any brand right now .
    Check the packets, not just the butchers case? As far as I know, that applewood baken contains sugar though??

I had the same issue while looking for buttermilk at Kroger, and yogurt in Georgia... no full-fat anything.

-写

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    UPdate! I got 11 lbs of suet from my butcher. Grassfed and perfect. Rendered it down and now have a huge pail of tallow, about 3 gallons. I keep it in the freezer and break offa a chunk whenI need it.

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave RN View Post
    UPdate! I got 11 lbs of suet from my butcher. Grassfed and perfect. Rendered it down and now have a huge pail of tallow, about 3 gallons. I keep it in the freezer and break offa a chunk whenI need it.
    Where did you get it? I live in your area and I'm always looking for more sources of good meat!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12