Thread: Brand-Newbie; Looking for Primal Support and Primal Buddies page

Red face Brand-Newbie; Looking for Primal Support and Primal Buddies

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone! I'm Natalie. I've recently been introduced to Primal Blueprint. I'm not quite through the entire book yet but I plan on beginning my journey as soon as I finish and incorporating as much primal wisdom as possible into my diet and exercise regime until then. I shouldn't be too much longer! Christmas is right around the corner and I do not want to be stuck in the ever-present holiday food trap. Those pesky leftovers never seem to leave, right?

I'm very excited to begin this journey. I've struggled with being overweight my entire life. In fact, as far as my memory allows, every single doctor appointment has been accompanied by, "You need to lose weight." My thyroid is hypo and I'm currently on 30mg of armour. Does anyone have any reversal stories concerning this? I'd love to get off of this medication. I've also had to be on birth control pills since 8th grade due to extremely irregular menstrual cycles (I'm 25 now, so you can imagine...). There's a history of ovarian and breast cancer in my family, as well as stroke.

I'm looking to change my health track for the rest of my life. I'm also looking for support and Primal friendship through this forum. I'd love to chat with you and learn about your experiences.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Hi Natalie, welcome, I hope you find someone who can give you advice on those areas, and good luck!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Hi Natalie, welcome, I hope you find someone who can give you advice on those areas, and good luck!
    Thank you! I hope so, too.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! You don't necessarily have to finish the book to get started. But hopefully by now you have.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

I have finished Thank you for the resource. I am making a grocery trip tomorrow and ridding my kitchen of all things processed and anti-primal. I'm excited to get started.

PriM8 is offline Junior Member
    Welcome!

You simply cannot go wrong with this lifestyle; and it is a lifestyle. After struggling for years with chronic fatigue, terrible sinus problems, irritability (bipolar according the the doc), and a host of other ailments, I gave up on modern medicine and conventonal wisdom. The result? I am a different person. You will be too. Stick to it, and DO NOT CHEAT! It can be done.

My experiences:

Fatigue - gone
    Irritability and bipolar symptoms - gone
    Accute sinusitis - gone
    Shortness of breath - gone
    Nausea when exercising - gone
    Joint pain - gone
    40 lbs - gone

Disclaimer: I am writing this while sick! Yep, I still get sick, although most problems I have these days are food intolerances - most of which I am now discovering. Due to the reduction in the array of foods I eat, I can now single out those that are problematic. The latest is wine (and probably alcohol). :-( Many inexpensive wines seem to trigger an allergic response...so sad..

What I'm getting at is you will ultimatley feel fantastic, but don't get discouraged if you hit some bumps along the way. You will get so accustomed to feeling great, that when you don't it can be discouraging. Don't let it get you down.

My advice is to toss everything in your house that doesn't fit with the primal blueprint. Buy everything you need for at least two weeks of primal, otherwise you will be tempted by the goodies in the cabinet. Don't eat out. Don't drink soda; don't cheat at all.

Welcome to the herd!

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Just saying hi Natalie! I'm a newbie too
    Amanda

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PriM8 View Post
    Welcome!

You simply cannot go wrong with this lifestyle; and it is a lifestyle. After struggling for years with chronic fatigue, terrible sinus problems, irritability (bipolar according the the doc), and a host of other ailments, I gave up on modern medicine and conventonal wisdom. The result? I am a different person. You will be too. Stick to it, and DO NOT CHEAT! It can be done.

My experiences:

Fatigue - gone
    Irritability and bipolar symptoms - gone
    Accute sinusitis - gone
    Shortness of breath - gone
    Nausea when exercising - gone
    Joint pain - gone
    40 lbs - gone

Disclaimer: I am writing this while sick! Yep, I still get sick, although most problems I have these days are food intolerances - most of which I am now discovering. Due to the reduction in the array of foods I eat, I can now single out those that are problematic. The latest is wine (and probably alcohol). :-( Many inexpensive wines seem to trigger an allergic response...so sad..

What I'm getting at is you will ultimatley feel fantastic, but don't get discouraged if you hit some bumps along the way. You will get so accustomed to feeling great, that when you don't it can be discouraging. Don't let it get you down.

My advice is to toss everything in your house that doesn't fit with the primal blueprint. Buy everything you need for at least two weeks of primal, otherwise you will be tempted by the goodies in the cabinet. Don't eat out. Don't drink soda; don't cheat at all.

Welcome to the herd!
    I love your list especially the last one.