I'm not really new to the whole primal thing. I've tried it, on and off, for a while, usually with some decent success. Lately, though, I've recommitted to the idea. Enough so that I'll finally post around here and maintain a journal.

Starting out: I started working on primal living when I was 197 lbs (3 weeks ago). I'm currently 194 lbs.

Dietary stuff: I tend to eat a pork chop cooked in butter for lunch, and a meat dish for dinner. A cup of decaf coffee with heavy cream for breakfast. Throw in some sides (broccoli, brussel sprouts, carrots). Sometimes I make crockpot soup, and I'm trying to make chili now, too. The soup and chili will help me to increase my vegetable intake, since I mostly eat meat right now. Once I have my own blender I'm going to try my hand at making my own eggnog for dessert and before bed. I'm also going to try making my own ghee soon.

Lately I've been getting cold cuts (at the deli counter, not the pre-packaged crap) and sliced cheese as a snack. I'll roll up some turkey inside some cheese, with some mustard, and that'll keep me full in between my meals.

Some things I'm working on now: I've been turning off the tv and shutting down my games at sunset (when my computer screen goes all orange thanks to f.lux), as well as living by candlelight. I'm an insomniac, and this was started as an experiment to see if I could actually address the insomnia through changes in behavior.

It's only been a few days so far, but the difference is noticeable. I've been sleeping earlier (11:30 at night instead of 3:30 in the morning). Last night, I reverted to normal light habits, and was up until 11:30 in the glow of my light bulbs watching tv with a friend. Took me hours more to fall asleep, and I slept in until 11:30 this morning, whereas I'd been waking up before my alarm (set to 9) on mornings after a candlelit night. Tonight I'll be returning to my candles.

Overall this has been a success, and I look forward to continuing to not just lose weight, but to improve the quality of my life.