Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Age of Strife page 8

Strife is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Got some inspiration to drop the crap food (again). Been off most of it (especially gluten) for the last few days due to a stomach issue. Thought I was getting better, and had some cheap Chinese food and ice cream. Big. Fucking. Mistake. So much bloating and discomfort. Fuck that. It doesn't taste good enough to justify that much discomfort. It's not even a temptation anymore.

Strife is offline Member
    I'm getting over a flare up of gout (my first brush with it). It was pretty painful, and kinda scary, being in that much pain and not knowing why. To be fully honest with myself, I've been eating poorly for the last two years. Giving in to temptation frequently, and making excuses at every turn. And it shows. I went from a low of 170 lbs, to a high of 210 right now. I've been paying some lip service to primal eating, but it's been hard. This brush up with gout has made me seriously reconsider how I've been eating and behaving.

I'll be adding more vegetables back into my meal plan, especially those that are nutrient dense. Being a bit more selective in my meats. And above all, finding alternative foods to satisfy the temptations I periodically get.

Primary obstacles are that I live with my family once again, and they're in no way primal. So the house is full of non-primal food, all within easy reach when a craving hits. So I think having alternatives on hand will be more important than it was before, as pure avoidance is no longer an option.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678