Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The Age of Strife page 6

Strife is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    So I might not be as weak as I thought. I'm able to do a pullup each time I walk past the bar. I don't quite feel like I can do two in one set, but it's better than the one per day that I thought I was down to.

Edit: For the last few weeks I've been having nasty dizzy spells. They're strong enough that I feel nauseous. Once they hit, I'm pretty much down for the day. Nothing seems to work to fix them. I have a doctor's appointment to have them checked out, but I have a theory that I'm testing now: I'm not staying low carb enough for consistent enough time periods, and keep yo-yoing in and out of the low-carb flu. I "cheat" too much (multiple days a week), but when I'm just home I eat really low carb.

Here's to hoping the tests work out, and I can improve on it.
    Last edited by Strife; 08-20-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Strife is offline Member
    I'm continuing to make my daily walks, which allow me to avoid being sedentary, as well as doing the pullups whenever I pas the bar.

I ate poorly last night: birthday celebration at a fondu place. Lots of bread and sugar and alcohol. Back to eating well today, though.

Overall: Content with the progress I'm making toward becoming healthy.

Oh, and my copies of Paleo Primer and the Sauces, Dressings, and Toppings book came in.

Strife is offline Member
    Got taken out to a super-nice, super-expensive, all you can eat sushi bar last night. Didn't eat nearly as much as I normally would, because I started to feel sick after the first course. Pretty disappointed. I didn't really get to move on from the Kitchen menu to the Sushi menu. I ended up sleeping poorly, too, and I'm kinda tired and blah right now. But I still got my morning walk in, even though I wasn't feeling it (my brain is always looking for excuses to be lazy).

Looking forward to a day of relaxing, light exercise, play, and food. Gonna be making a beef, bell pepper, and onion stir fry for lunch/dinner. And I'll try to get to bed early to catch up on my deficit, or else I'll just nap this afternoon.

Strife is offline Member
    Had to cut my walk short today, due to achy joints. I figure that I've been getting pretty close to the suggested 10k steps a day for the last week, and I should listen to my body and let it rest today. I'll still get plenty of walking just from moving around and cleaning my apartment.

Something I've been thinking every time I go out barefoot: Even when I step on uncomfortable things (acorns (BANE OF MY EXISTENCE), sticks, roots, pebbles, etc), walking barefoot just feels so much better than wearing shoes (even vibrams). It's hard not to perk up and smile with moss and grass between your toes.

Strife is offline Member
    I went to the doctor yesterday. First time in a year and a half. My blood pressure isn't high anymore, the signs of over-stressing myself have faded, and my fitness level has increased. I gained some weight, but slimmed down (putting on muscle and losing fat ). I still have a bit of fat to lose, but otherwise I'm golden. It's a great feeling.

In reward, I got myself a second crockpot last night. A nice one. So now I have one for yogurt, and one for stew. Speaking of, I'm making a beef stew for dinner tonight. Thickened with almond flour (or one of the other alternative flours I have). I'm really looking forward to eating it.

And just as important as food to a primal life: I'm continuing to transform my apartment from a dwelling into a home. Setting up for the long haul with what actually makes me happy, instead of just short term things that I can tolerate.

Strife is offline Member
    My feet were kinda sore today, so I took a "rest" day and didn't go for my normal walk. Still doing pullups and trotting around inside my apartment.

Strife is offline Member
    This weekend was rough. Went to larp, put up my new super awesome tent, and spent the rest of the weekend dealing with muscle fatigue. Sore and lethargic all weekend. Ended up sleeping pretty early last night and Saturday. Feeling a bit better about that, at least. Ate like shit (not much primal food is available during game or on the drive home). Back in the low-carb flu stage of things. Definitely looking forward to eating healthy again.

Strife is offline Member
    Making stew today. 3 lbs stew meat, half a pack of bacon (burnt the first half too badly to add in), two red potatoes, three large carrots, one yellow onion, and a package (8 oz) of portabella mushrooms. Cooked in beef broth (two packages from Hannaford) and potato starch as the thickener (the onion and stew meat are being cooked in the bacon grease while coated with the starch).

Strife is offline Member
    I just caught a glimpse of myself in a reflection while practicing some combat moves, and it hit me: I'm not fat. I have some pudge, for sure, but it's not anywhere near as much as I thought, and I have muscle underlaying my belly fat. The muscle becomes blatantly obvious when I'm moving (like during a fight). I... Feel really fucking awesome about myself right now.

randomcapitals is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I... Feel really fucking awesome about myself right now.
    So you should!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast