Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Age of Strife page 4

Strife is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sleep cycle's been a bit off. I've been sleeping in a lot more now, and going to bed a bit later, but that's mostly my fault. I wake up rested at the appropriate time, I just let myself stay in bed, and drift for a few hours. And I stay up with blue light more often due to social activities. Working on scaling those back again.

Food has been hit and miss. Mostly hit, actually. I'm getting my feet under me for the meal plan, and figuring out how best to optimize my shopping for it. I'll be cutting out the breakfasts entirely, and only buying enough stuff for five of the dinners each week (maybe six, depending on how things work out), plus a few snacks (I don't really eat many, so I'm not worried). Some of the recipes have my mouth watering just reading them, and I'm absolutely looking forward to fully engaging with cooking at home again.

Strife is offline Member
    Tonight I made a variation on the shrimp and chard recipe in the meal plan. Rather than making it with olive oil, I made a homemade garlic butter sauce. It came out absolutely amazing (like every food I actually bother to cook). This just reinforces that I need to cook my own food more often.

The candlelight experiment continues to run smoothly. I've got my friends to accept it, too, so I can go by candlelight even when there are people over. This is hugely beneficial to me.

And in a third area: I'm still sedentary between games (at game I walk between 10 and 20 miles over the course of the weekend, in addition to the sprints that happen due to combat). I'm not really sure how to alleviate this condition.

Strife is offline Member
    It's been a little bit, and things have had their ups and downs. I messed up my sleep cycle for a bit (was sleeping in until the early afternoon), but I've got it back on track now. Eating has been a meh thing, though. Following the actual meal plan is too expensive for me, so I've been picking and choosing a handful of meals that are cheap and tasty off them. Building up a sorta primal fave five meals.

On the more positive side, I did my first serious workout in more than a year. In ten minutes (including rests) I got through 25 pushups and 50 deep bend squats (or whatever the appropriate name is). Did this yesterday, and my muscles are wonderfully sore today. Nothing makes me feel stronger than when I flex and feel that wonderful ache in each muscle.

Strife is offline Member
    Muscles are still really sore from the workout (this is both awesome and sucks: awesome in that it feels great, but I can barely go up and down stairs xD).

Strife is offline Member
    My willpower has been lacking regarding food lately. I've put on some pounds, and I'm probably closer to a 60/40 or 50/50 ratio. Attempting to rectify that now.

Switching lunches over to BAS's (trying out the Greek version that Mark has posted). Also including a once a week fast day, from wake up until dinner time. Though I'm curious if it's better/easier to go from lunch to lunch?

Strife is offline Member
    Yesterday was a good day for eating. Salmon for lunch, and then a lot of fruits and veg for dinner. Two bananas, a pomegranate, and some olive salad (okay, and stuffed grape leaves). Ultimately tasty and filling.

Strife is offline Member
    I'm spending this weekend at the house I grew up in, in the Catskill Mountains. Being here reminds me of a lot of stuff that went on when I was younger, like the unending hunger. I could put down entire pots of pasta on my own, and still feel a gnawing and painful hunger at the end of it. That only happened when I let myself get hungry enough that it hurt, and then the pain wouldn't go away. It's why I started preventative eating, eating when not hungry so as to avoid that situation. I haven't had that sorta experience for years, though. Even when I fast, I'm fine.

Tonight I ate a Greek salad. I had intended on eating some ham steak, but was craving this instead. Rare is the day when I crave veggies. =P

Strife is offline Member
    Started the day off by climbing a small mountain. Found and (accidentally) startled some cows up on top. I didn't plan on climbing/hiking so I didn't bring any water with me, which was a bit of a mistake. Correcting that mistake now and enjoying some water. Will break my fast with the last of yesterday's salad. Also nibbling on dates when I want something sweet (I remember when dates registered to me as barely sweet).

Strife is offline Member
    Herbableurgh. I let myself get pressured into consuming crap yesterday. First cheap Chinese food, then cheap pizza. I really need to grow some willpower and not let social situations convince me that it's okay.

Strife is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just had a thought: When invited to food, or offered something to eat, or even just sitting on my couch, I check to see if I can eat more, not whether I'm hungry. Like right now. I've eaten, but I'm not super full. I could probably eat some more with comfort. So I find myself considering getting food. I find that this is a flawed way of considering things, so I'll be working on catching myself and changing it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast