Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conversion problem (T3) page 3

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    So what dose of thyroid meds were you on? What type hypothyroidism did you have? Graves? Hashi's?
    I didnt take meds for more then a few days combined. Took synthroid for 2 days and felt horrible, talked the doc into Armour but he only would prescribe lowest dose for a month so i declined. When the doc wouldnt do anything else i followed Ray Peats suggestions and it cleared up. I have the labs to prove it.

Had subclinical hypo, just above normal TSH,low T3.

There is no reason the OP cant give a different diet a shot. High meat and pufa consumption can interfere with thyroid, same with low carbs. Also not enough of the right nutrients in balanced proportions.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    Thank you, everyone.
    My last TSH was 1.18. In the past, I had slightly higher.
    To get a clearer picture it would be helpful to see all of your results, including lab ranges. It would also be helpful to know if your T4 and T3 results are for total T4 and T3 or free T4 and T3.

Also are you taking any estrogen containing medications-BC pills, HRT?

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Marcadav,
    I have the following results:

TSH - 1.18 mlU/L (the range 0.32-4.05)

Free thyrosine - 1.11 ng/dl (the range 0.70-1.24 ng/dl)

Thyrosine - 7.50 ug/dl (the range 5.41-11.86)

Triiothyronine - 82 ng/dl (the range 94-170)

I am not taking anything.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    That is false. VERY excessive cortisol secretion inhibits the conversion, but it's very unlikely to get to unhealthy cortisol levels through diet alone as long as you're not in anorexia nervosa or extremist veganism.
    TOO LOW cortisol secretion is actually linked to hypothyroidism and inability to raise T3 levels even with synthetic or natural thyroid meds. It's all about overall metabolic rate, and cortisol isn't as evil as you make it sound, it's a very important part of the raise in metabolic rate, to allow all hormones to be at their optimal levels. Free cortisol needs to be close to top range, as well as Morning fasting cortisol.

I have a serious adrenal problem since the beginning of my "puberty" (or lack of it), and we're on our way to discover what it really is. But it seems primary since I have brownish skin like a sun tan. I have low cortisol, and as a result, I have low T3 and can't raise it (Erfa thyroid makes it worse, consumes the residual cortisol, and leave me with worse TSH and Free T3 levels.)

Also, your views (which are Danny Roddy's) on serotonin are reversed, ask anyone on an advanced Hormone Replacement Therapy, ask all the prominent doctors in hormone therapies, anti aging medecine and their recent research.
    Neurotransmitters are important and not destructive, as everything it's excess of them or wrong reactions that cause problems.

I'm experiencing it right now.
    Of course having a circadian rhythm out of whack is going to cause problems. Have you taken pregnenolone? Your thyroid is under-functioning, so you're not producing enough steroid hormones. It's not that cortisol is needed for t3 conversion.

I listed two ways diet can manipulate thyroid function easily.

Also, your views (which are Danny Roddy's) on serotonin are reversed, ask anyone on an advanced Hormone Replacement Therapy, ask all the prominent doctors in hormone therapies, anti aging medecine and their recent research.
    Neurotransmitters are important and not destructive, as everything it's excess of them or wrong reactions that cause problems.
    Yeah, it makes me question their research in the first place.

Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging - Full Movie (Documentary) - YouTube

Now, look at the effects of tianapetine, a serotonin reuptake enhancer.

Neurobiological and clinical effects of the antide... [CNS Drugs. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI
    ["Atypical" antidepressive mechani... [Neuropsychopharmacol Hung. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI
    Structural plasticity and tianeptine: cellula... [Eur Psychiatry. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI
    Neurobiology of mood, anxiety, and emotions a... [Mol Psychiatry. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI
    The effects of tianeptine or paroxetine on... [J Psychopharmacol. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI
    Tianeptine: a review of its use in depressive diso... [CNS Drugs. 2001] - PubMed - NCBI

And so on
    nihil

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Had subclinical hypo, just above normal TSH,low T3.
    You do see that your problem is waaaaay different than the OP's, right?

That's what I was thinking. He seems to be just a normal subclinical hypo. I look weird.

Linny is offline Senior Member
    Anna5 - I just wanted to post and say that my numbers are pretty much exactly the same as yours. My LDL is incredibly high. I'm scheduled to see a functional doctor in a few days after Dr. Davis recommended I see one (he's the doctor who wrote Wheat Belly and Track Your Plaque). I'm hoping she can help with the thyroid and possible adrenal fatigue I have and as a result lower my LDL.

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea i understand that and i completely agree she needs to find a doctor who will run the correct tests and work with her. There is no harm in changing her diet to see if that helps.

Linny,
    Did Dr. Davis give the advice on his blog? If yes, I'd like to see his comment.
    I have to check this adrenal fatique. I know nothing about it, but I am pretty tired.

Linny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    He gave the advice on his TYP forum but to read more than a few short posts you need to sign up (and pay $) unfortunately. I splurged and signed up recently because of a ongoing high cholesterol and NMR panel had me freaking out. Everything looks excellent except LDL and therefore TC. And after paying for my own thyroid panel, it's off too similar to yours. Dr. Davis suspects it's a genetic variant of LPO E or thyroid.

It seems you have to be lucky to find a PCP or cardiologist that will think outside the box and help find the cause of high cholesterol instead of just throwing statins at it. Davis recommends a functional doctor - google the term and you should be able to go from there finding one in your area. Turns out I already knew one without evening knowing! She is my husband's chiropractor.

If you do sign up for TYP forum and post something, Dr. Davis tries to reply to every post at least once.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast