Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Eating for Coca-Cola driver page

Ryno79 is offline Junior Member

Primal Eating for Coca-Cola driver

Primal Fuel
    I really love of the primal blueprint diet, but with my job as delivery driver for coke I find hard to have enough good
    food thats easily accessible and easy to transport like in small lunch bag or kit. Im eating a lot of fruit and 1 sandwich
    during the day, does any have any ideas or have a similar job to where your always on the go? Thanks guys

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't be eating a lot of fruit if I was doing a lot of sitting. I know a guy that drives and I think he mostly eats out of cans. He'll have, like, a can of salmon and a couple cans of veggies. Yea, not that exciting but he's sick if he eats outside his diet of mostly meat and veggies. Pemmican, beef jerky, veggie chips (dehydrated yellow squash, for example, is quite nice, or fry yourself some veggie chips) are all easy to keep. Do you have any kind of refrigeration or are you grabbing sandwiches (no bread I assume) on the go? You can always go in to a walmart and buy fresh vegetables, lunch meat (there are some meats there without nitrates/nitrites, at least at ours there are). Kefir and fermented veggies, you could start them when you leave somewhere, kefir takes a good day to make, fermented veggies can go for several days to reach peak tastiness.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Get a small cooler & an ice pack & you are golden. Also a thermos container for soup/stews.

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    I second the ice pack/cooler idea, it's how I send my mister off to work every morning. Roast up some chickens and shred them up, take a container of that as is or as chicken salad (with homemade mayo, yum!). Dinner leftovers are always good, too. Cut up raw veggies and take a baggie of those; egg 'muffins' with meat and veg in them hold up really well. The possibilities are almost endless, it just takes more prep work which can be asspain.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    I wouldn't be eating a lot of fruit if I was doing a lot of sitting.
    Making statements like this is why people think this WOE is low-carb. That's utter nonsense. Fruit is perfectly fine in the context of getting everything else that you need and maintaining your goals, whatever they may be. Fruit and some pieces of cheese make an excellent lunch on the go.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Owly is offline Senior Member
    My partner drove for quite a while, and he used to take an insulated cooler bag with ice packs. Lots of food that's easy to eat on the go--cut vegetables, rolled up sliced meat and cheese, roasted chicken, bacon-wrapped eggs, crustless mini quiches, primal-friendly jerky, cut-up cheese and good quality sausage, and (gasp!) fruit. Nothing that needs heating up to eat or that will make a big mess if spilled.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Ryno79 is offline Junior Member
    Awesome thanks for ideas and tips I just need to spend more time on prep work
    Last edited by Ryno79; 12-22-2012 at 10:15 AM.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Make some bone broth, and have a cup or two of that for luch. stores easily in the thermos, and is easy to drink whilst driving:-)
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno79 View Post
    Awesome thanks for ideas and tips I just need to spend more time on prep work
    I think this is the biggest hurdle for people who are new to this WOE. You simply can't avoid *planning* and *prepping* your food most of the time. In this instant gratification world where we've been conditioned to expect food to magically appear when you yell into a speaker hole, its a big adjustment. We're not used to having to think about where our next meal is going to come from.

I'm assuming you don't eat your entire meal while driving. That wouldn't be safe Even if time allotted for eating is minimal, it only takes 5 min to eat a snack or a quick meal. You'll actually spend less time eating food you prepped at home, than if you stood in line waiting for takeout.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Making statements like this is why people think this WOE is low-carb. That's utter nonsense. Fruit is perfectly fine in the context of getting everything else that you need and maintaining your goals, whatever they may be. Fruit and some pieces of cheese make an excellent lunch on the go.
    Fruit is fine, but "a lot of fruit" isn't good when you are very sedentary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast