Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm starting to find... page 2

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Not my personal experience. At one stage I was eating close to carnivorous (mainly eggs, fish, meat.. little or no fruit/veg) and I've never been so constipated in my life. I also felt like crap. Not all guts respond to the same things.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    About being constipated when carnivorous. I can see that would be a big problem if the diet were very high on the lean protein and didn't contain enough fat.
    My IBS was worsened by eating plenty of veggies, but it wasn't caused by the veggies only.

I had about a month of no fruit or veggies with lots of meat (including LOTS of fat) and boy did my digestive system hate me.

Fat is not the answer to everything for everybody.

Back to the OP: I'm starting to find that eating a diet low in vegetables and higher in fruit and starches actually feels pretty awesome. I've started getting these little bursts of energy where I spontaneously run instead of walking (like from the car to a store, or down the street to the mailbox.) I love it!
    Last edited by BestBetter; 12-22-2012 at 04:04 PM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Um, sorry, was this a carb wars thread? I didn't think that was the point here.

The point is the freedom to choose what you feel like eating on any given day and not be chained to the notion that there must be a veggie next to every piece of meat. That every meal must be "balanced". If you feel like eating nothing but salad one day, great. And then all steak the next, fine too.

About being constipated when carnivorous. I can see that would be a big problem if the diet were very high on the lean protein and didn't contain enough fat. Personally, my digestive system is thanking me for not trying to cram so much vegetation through there.
    YMMV.
    Hah, not intending to contribute to the war It just when you use phrases like "blame Primal" it implies that people are doing it wrong and that's why it's not working for them. I'm simply refuting that. Lots of meat, high fat didn't work for me.

But I totally agree people don't need to eat "X" amount of veggies!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hah, not intending to contribute to the war It just when you use phrases like "blame Primal" it implies that people are doing it wrong and that's why it's not working for them. I'm simply refuting that. Lots of meat, high fat didn't work for me.

But I totally agree people don't need to eat "X" amount of veggies!
    Right. It seems like that is expected by a lot of Primal folks on the board but I don't really think you have to eat mountains of greenery to be eating Primally. That's what I meant about "blaming Primal" when dialing back on the veggies isn't un-Primal at all really.

I also think there is a seasonal aspect to this. I notice I want salads and such more in the summertime but right now all I want is meat with a side of meat and butter on top.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I started primal with a BAS every single day. Just got burned out on it after a while. Now I'm back to more seasonal veggie eating. Which means pretty much little to none of it right now.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Experiment and see what works for you. I started out LC and VLC from time to time for the first 6 months. Now that I've reached my goal weight and fat % I'm eating more carbs. Although only organic vegetables, seeds, some nuts and fruit, treats are organic red wine and dark chocolate. If I've had a particularily hard workout I'll add some white rice. I don't really focus on my macros just eat what I feel like and it tends to end up averaging around 40% fat, 30% Carbs and 30% protein as a percent of total calories.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12