Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Misleading or Stupid Advertisements. page 2

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Any and all the pet food commercials.
    Poor Hubby has to listen to me yelling at them every time they come on.

Then again, saying "we use more floor scraps, chemicals & DDD* animals parts than our competitor" probably wouldn't sell well.

*Dead, Diseased & dying
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Adding to the all-bran one: the traditional forms of bran are oats and barley. This one is wheat. This year wheat crops have not been very good. They're selling you the extra roughage and waste now the grain itself isn't available. And claiming it's good.

Yay consumerism, bad science and big business!
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Well, there you go. First impressions can deceive. I look at the thread and it's not what I think.

Approaching the board, the last word "advertisements" gets cut off, so all I see is:

Misleading or stupid ...
    and, having just checked my RSS reader, I assume we're talking about the egregious Stephan Gueyenet":

Hyperlipid: Insulin: Are you hungry? Part 2

But no.

Advertising? Generally, it's both. These people would sell the shirt of their mother's back, but that doesn't mean they understand their approach is wrong. They've almost certainly never thought about what's true or not true. Not what they care about, not where they're looking.

cruncan is offline Member
    Use this to scrub away your natural pheromones and attract more of the opposite sex.. pshhh
    Hustle for Happiness, Hustle for Love, Hustle for Health, Hustle for Wealth, Hustle for Muscle

http://www.hustleformuscle.com

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Anti-marijuana commercials
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cruncan View Post
    Use this to scrub away your natural pheromones and attract more of the opposite sex.. pshhh
    Is that Axe? The one where the guy actually got magnetic always made me laugh.

My European husband keeps on trying to buy Axe because it's the only thing in the aisle he recognizes. I always give him a wide berth after he uses it. I would hate to get too close and get stuck to it! Whew!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Anything from PETA or Brady Campaign
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
    My European husband keeps on trying to buy Axe because it's the only thing in the aisle he recognizes. I always give him a wide berth after he uses it. I would hate to get too close and get stuck to it! Whew!
    LOL, it's a favorite of American middle school boys (11-14yo). I am lucky that DH subscribes to my philosophy of men's fragrance - you shouldn't be able to smell him until you've invaded his personal space.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Some instant food type commercial (can't remember the brand) with the stupid "lettuce stylist." The expression BYOL (bring your own lettuce) makes me want to yank her hair out.

For this convenient salad, you:

1. put your lettuce on a plate
    2. defrost god only knows what is in that salad dressing in a glass of hot water
    3. put the chicken and veggies in the microwave
    4. assemble

Isn't salad already a bit of an easy food to prepare?

------------------------

The very long commercial telling me to own my ADHD. First off, I tend more to OCD.....

-----------------------

Anything that yells at me - the automakers seem to be screaming more as the fiscal year comes to a close. For people who buy cars every few years, well they already know the best time of the year to buy a car. For the rest of us - do they think we're sitting on the sofa watching the tube, putting together tomorrow's to-do list, and all of a sudden we hear them screaming about great deals and think, "Hmmm, maybe I should go buy a car tomorrow."
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    ------------------------

The very long commercial telling me to own my ADHD. First off, I tend more to OCD.....

-----------------------

."
    I tell everyone that I am CDO, because my OCD is about keeping everything proper order, LOL!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast