Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do with a dozen egg whites?

Hybrid View

What to do with a dozen egg whites?

I just made homemade eggnog for a party I'm attending tonight. From my own eggs - 12 beautiful, deep yellow yolks in the batch. So now I have 12 egg whites (about 2 cups worth). They have a tiny bit of yolk in them from the separating process, so aren't really good for meringues, even if I did want to make something with soooo much sugar.

Any other bright ideas? I hate to waste them.

Make a bunch of whiskey sours. Here's the recipe:

2 oz. whiskey, 1 oz. simple syrup, 1 oz. fresh-squeezed lemon juice, 1 egg white

Dry shake it (no ice) vigorously. No, that's not vigorously enough. More vigorously.

Add ice to the shaker. Shake it twice as vigorously as the dry shake.

Pour into a cocktail glass. If it's liquid, you didn't shake it good enough. If it's a creamy, foamy, lemony deliciousness, you did it right. Now make one for me!

Savoury meringues? Whip them until you get stiff peaks, season them up with garlic, herbs, spices, then fry gobs of it like pancakes, almost, in whatever fat you want. They brown nicely and are pretty darn tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    Savoury meringues? Whip them until you get stiff peaks, season them up with garlic, herbs, spices, then fry gobs of it like pancakes, almost, in whatever fat you want. They brown nicely and are pretty darn tasty.
    That sounds fantastic. LOL
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    This sounds wonderful! I've been wanting to do savoury meringues for ages..

Use half of them - RAW! - in your pre-workout drink: Blend them in diet coke with one tablespoon of gelatin powder and two tablespoon of brewers yeast! Make sure to get rid of the gas in the coke before putting into blender. The other half, also RAW! - you can use in your post-workout shake: Blend the whites into milk and add some chocolate powder and also a spoonful of plain gelatin powders...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Use half of them - RAW! - in your pre-workout drink: Blend them in diet coke with one tablespoon of gelatin powder and two tablespoon of brewers yeast! Make sure to get rid of the gas in the coke before putting into blender. The other half, also RAW! - you can use in your post-workout shake: Blend the whites into milk and add some chocolate powder and also a spoonful of plain gelatin powders...
    Dear god, why your recipes so vomitous?

Just mix them with whole eggs and make omelettes/frittatas.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Dear god, why your recipes so vomitous?
    Vomitous??? Compared to some of Jack LaLannes receipes, this is not vomitous at all!! And as the late Mr. LaLanne used to say: "If it tastes good; spit it out!"...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post

Just mix them with whole eggs and make omelettes/frittatas.
    So simple - so right!! BUt I DO like the idea of savoury meringues....!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post

Um... Eww. Using flat diet coke as the base for your drink? Just... Eww.