Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do with a dozen egg whites? page 2

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    take them all and mix with 1/2 cup coconut butter, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 56g melted dark chocolate, 60-70g puree of something(pumpkin, banana, avocado, etc.), and some sweetener. Add about a tsp of baking soda and throw in any thing else you want(nuts, fruit, coconut, nibs, carrots, broccoli, pork rinds?WHY NOT!)

put into muffin tins or a big pan or something and bake and make scrumptious chocolate deliciousness. top with coconut butter/maple sauce frosting. a few tbsp coconut butter and 1 tsp maple syrup mix together and eat!

LOW CARB HIGH FAT EAT IT ALL IN ONE SITTING!

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Use half of them - RAW! - in your pre-workout drink: Blend them in diet coke with one tablespoon of gelatin powder and two tablespoon of brewers yeast! Make sure to get rid of the gas in the coke before putting into blender. The other half, also RAW! - you can use in your post-workout shake: Blend the whites into milk and add some chocolate powder and also a spoonful of plain gelatin powders...
    Dear god, why your recipes so vomitous?

Just mix them with whole eggs and make omelettes/frittatas.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    You can freeze them if you don't need to use them all yet! I would also second (or third or fourth) meringues... even if they're not perfect due to some yolk! Or you can use some as a face mask (I've heard it's great on the skin). There are plenty of recipes that can be modified to more primal that use egg whites and don't require them to be 100% perfect white!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Dear god, why your recipes so vomitous?
    Vomitous??? Compared to some of Jack LaLannes receipes, this is not vomitous at all!! And as the late Mr. LaLanne used to say: "If it tastes good; spit it out!"...

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post

Just mix them with whole eggs and make omelettes/frittatas.
    So simple - so right!! BUt I DO like the idea of savoury meringues....!!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumetolisa View Post
    Well I through dozens of eggs whites into the dustbin. Is there any problem in doing this?
    No. The tragedy is when people eat the whites and waste the yolks. I usually toss a few whites a day making omelets that are extra yolky.

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Put them on your face, wait a couple minutes, and then shower.

With that many whites, you could put it all over your body. I do that sometimes.

I don't know why it works, but it clearly does something right.

vintageeats is offline Member
    I'm sure those egg whites are long used up, but next time, you could make souffle. I haven't delved into using almond/coconut flours yet, so if anyone has a good recipe, I'm all ears! Savory preferred.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    personally, i'd make an egg white frittata out of them.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    In the interest of full disclosure, after about 5 days of indecision, I fed the big bowl of egg whites back to the chickens. I poured them over bread crusts from the goose stuffing bread (non-primal, but hey it was Christmas Day), so the chickens got a special Christmas dinner, too. They loved it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast