Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone get GREAT success JUST following PB Fitness?? page

RayR22 is offline Junior Member

Anyone get GREAT success JUST following PB Fitness??

Primal Fuel
    Hey all,
    I just wanna know if anyone has before and after pics of success following the Primal Blueprint Diet and Primal Blueprint Fitness. BUT the only training was Primal Blueprint Fitness. I know it would work, but I am a recovering workout 1.5 hours a day guy, loved it, but now am looking for the most results with minimal time. Ive read the thread on Cheapo and SimpleFit, that is interesting. PBF or SimpleFit or someone know anything different?

OK sorry, got off track there..... lol Pics of success following a program like PBF or Simplefit?

Thanks everyone!

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RayR22 View Post
    am looking for the most results with minimal time.
    HIT for cardio:- sprinting, cycling, rowing, burpees or anything equating to these. I did 20 seconds of flat out rowing three times, two or three days a week. Strength training:- Body by Science Big Five once a week doesn't take long. I have gone on to body weight exercises like press ups, dips, squats, pull ups, chin ups etc. At present I still can't do anything like I could when younger but I'll get there eventually. My long term goal is to be able to do all the exercises in You Are Your Own Gym.

As to pics, I didn't take a before really. Mind you, my profile photo was taken when I was just about 240lbs. I'll definitely have one taken when I have achieved the look I want which will probably be next summer some time as I have still got about 20lbs of fat to turn into lean muscle.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Should work fine, no problem. DH was doing it as plus his rehabilitative work n coming back from an injury. I just added sprints to my life (in addition to the yoga that I was already doing).

Uhm, I don't have any before/after pics though.

Paleobird Guest
    The only working out I did was the PBF down to the letter. 2 X /wk LHT workouts +1 X/wk sprints and lots of walking and hiking in between (and ocean swimming in the summer).

The b/a pics were in a Friday Success Story post a while back:

From Cancer Back to Health | Mark's Daily Apple

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    For the first 4 months I did body weight exercises, running, sprinting and walking. Then I headed back into the gym for a few months of focused weight training and now I'm taking a break from that and doing Simple Fit with sprinting, running and hiking for a couple of months. I love to change it up to prevent boredom and the periodic change seems to help with fat loss and improved fitness. I am sure PBF does work, as you can see from Paleobird's results, but 80% of your results come from your diet.

There are some photos of me a few months's ago on my Primal Success at 60 thread - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60996.html - on my Paleo Journey Facebook page and in my MDA profile. I'll be taking some more at my 1 year Paleo Anniversary on March 4th 2013.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RayR22 View Post
    I just wanna know if anyone has before and after pics of success following the Primal Blueprint Diet and Primal Blueprint Fitness. BUT the only training was Primal Blueprint Fitness.
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I am sure PBF does work, as you can see from Paleobird's results, but 80% of your results come from your diet.
    I don't think the OP was disagreeing with you. Nor am I.

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I don't think the OP was disagreeing with you. Nor am I.
    I guess my point wasn't very clear. If you have a good base of fitness that you have developed over the years, as RayR22 appears to have, then its amazing how your muscles and physique overall emerges from the layers of fat once you've been on a Primal diet for a few months. During the first 4 months, I trained very lightly compared to other times in my life and my physique suddenly appeared as my fat percentage went down, this was primarily a result of my diet.

adameads is offline Senior Member
    For the last year, I've done SimpleFit exclusively for the LHT workouts. Am thinking about throwing in one day of Olympic lifts...just need to find the right gym.

Cardio is walking dogs.
    Tabata sprints once a week.

That's it. That's the list.

Oh, the holidays have been atrocious for my waistline, but before that, I had lost about 40 pounds. 251 to about 208-210.
    Liberalism: ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

justcansin is offline Junior Member
    good idea, the holidays have been atrocious for my waistline, good info to me, thanks for your sharing.

josephsam627 is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    I think this is brilliant. First off, in any conference, there are often several presentations going on at the same hour that you want to attend and can't. So at least you get to hear from a little of everyone at the Q&A. Additionally, it's great to get different opinions, viewpoints, and strategies from some of the thought-leaders in the industry all at the same time. This promotes "thinking" and shows you no one way is always the right way to do something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast