Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Primal HELPED anyone's IBS-like symptoms? page

BoldAsLove is offline Member

Has Primal HELPED anyone's IBS-like symptoms?

Primal Fuel
    I keep seeing all these posts where people say that eating primal has made stomach issues worse rather than better (or created stomach issues that were not there before). I've had the TOTAL opposite effect. I have some severe IBS-like symptoms stemming from endometriosis that all but disappear when I'm eating clean/primal. Interestingly, I don't "go" any more often (sorry TMI) when primal, but I'm much less bloated and don't have painful stomach cramps. My reflux also disappears, except in serious times of stress.

In sum, am I the outlier ... or does eating primal help anyone else in this area?

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely. When I am eating clean, I have near complete resolution of IBS issues, bloating, and frequency. Sugar and wheat are my two big culprits.

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    When I moved to a very clean diet ALL of my digestive symptoms disappeared almost overnight when I dropped all grains and 99% of dairy. Gone. Disparu

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Giving up grains is an overwhelmingly positive thing for your gut - without a doubt. My digestive problems got worse, but that's because I'm coming from a semi-vegan background, and I'm struggling to digest protein. But other digestive problems I had - gas, and IBS, have gone completely.

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    I noticed fewer, smaller bowel movements but no stomach irritation.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Having been here for almost a year and a half now, I can tell you that most posts made about this are overwhelmingly positive. People have that increased digestive issues usually have something else going on (unfortunate timing) or are eating too much coconut oil .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Losing grains (especially wheat) was a revelation to me. I had thought my gut was just like that - when it was time, don't get in my way!! And within a couple of days of cutting out wheat, that was gone - just completely gone. It even took me a while to realize I didn't have to arrange my life around access to a loo.

In addition, minor brain fog cleared, little aches and pains disappeared, skin dry patches disappeared ... so it's more than just IBS, even if that's a big hitter for some of us.

abc123 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, eating primal has eliminated my bloated-ness, skin irriations, allergies, fever blisters, irregular bowel movements & swings in mood & energy.. I also have noticed when I'm not eating grains & starch (including rice & potatoes some people swear by around here) keeps my bodies nutrients "insulated".. I don't know how to explain it, but something about starch & rice that seems to drain my body of nutrients & make me "too thin" & feeling feeble.. Maybe a reaction to too much fiber? IBS-d type symptom..

High-fat, low carb (some fruit, fresh veggies of course) is where I live & have never looked & felt better..
    Last edited by abc123; 12-21-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I've only been on primal about 4 weeks, so I don't feel experienced enough to really say anything. But one of my main problems is IBS, and that has improved by about 85% almost immediately. MUCH less gas and bloating. However I still experience some pains after eating the green leafy veg that are very tough and chewy. So I've dropping them for now. I hope these improvements continue.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Switching to a paleo/primal die gave me the worst IBS flares of my life.

I'm now eating more in line with The Perfect Health Diet, which is an ancestral diet that share similarities with primal, but is higher in starches. Vegetables are one of my IBS triggers, and when I stopped eating all those leafy greens and replaced them with low fiber things like potatoes and white rice, my digestive system was much happier.

I wrote pretty extensively about it, and what I did to heal myself here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread62278.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast