Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone cut fat to increase weight loss? page

Goldensparrow is offline Senior Member

Anyone cut fat to increase weight loss?

Shop Now
    Can I be eating too much fat if weightloss stalled and I am at 20g of carbs a day?

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I had to cut the fat. I could still lose weight, but much slower, until finally it stops when the fat is up high enough.

This changed my game. Perfect Health Diet: Weight Loss Version | Perfect Health Diet

I think the higher fat might have worked better for me if I had increased the carbs now and then. But for now, I am quite happy adding more carbs back in. I am shooting for about a 3 way split.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Not enough information here. How long have you been losing weight? Stalled? Height/frame/sex/age? What are your macros and calorie counts? Really, it could be anything. Too much fat, not enough, something entirely different.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Too much fat, not enough, something entirely different.
    My money's on one of these.

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldensparrow View Post
    Can I be eating too much fat if weightloss stalled and I am at 20g of carbs a day?
    Yes, because you can be eating too many calories. High fat is not magic. It has to be kept in the context of calories.

otzi Guest
    It could also be too much protein, more carbs than you realize, or simply hormonal fluctuations in water weight/inflammation. But yes, eating way over your calorie needs in fat will also do it.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Do you count your calories? I count mine, and I find fat fills me up on way less calories. Way less calories. So in no way was I consuming too many calories. In fact in looking back, I wondered if it was too few of calories. So for me, it was a fat thing and not a calorie thing. I think I just needed to do an up the carb thing once in awhile, and I didnt. So it might work better for me if I have a refeed once a week or 4 days or something.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Since you've been on the forums for almost two years now, I assume that you have transitioned to fat-burner. At that point it definitely becomes FAT calories in minus FAT calories out.

If you've hit a plateau, you should probably eat MORE carbohydrates.. perhaps up to 80-100, especially if you're active.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Heth is offline Member
    I've has success (moved beyond a plateau) by nearly cutting out all high-calorie fatty foods like butter, oil, cream, tahini, bacon and focusing on less dense foods. In this way I have kept my calorie intake largely comprised of fat but am eating less calories and thus losing weight by eating lots of avocadoes, olives, eggs and coconut milk for my staples, while still feeling satisfied and great.
    Primal since May 2012. Loving life and down 50lbs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast