Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Primal diet - Pros and Cons? page 27

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by zizou View Post
    Are you implying, that carb refeeds and hence the amount of carbs you'd want to eat post workout, depends on the amount of muscle you have?
    It seems logical that larger muscles would store more glycogen and use it more rapidly, don't you think? Of course, the point of weightlifting is to build/maintain muscle...

Then there's also the overall intensity with which you exercise that can make you need a little bit more. However, I don't think it takes that much to replenish muscle glycogen to begin with. Muscles can only use so much, so quickly.

Don't over think things too much either. Just workout hard, eat primal foods and know when to back off, take a break, and rest.
    Last edited by Drumroll; 12-30-2012 at 09:20 PM.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, true, i'd say im probably eating a tad too much carbs post workout, your post just sparked a bit of thinking in me

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Primal has been pretty irrelevant in terms of short term health, I'm mainly doing it for the long term gains. However cutting out milk cured my long term sinus problems and excessive amounts of wheat screw with my bowels.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zizou View Post
    Yeah, true, i'd say im probably eating a tad too much carbs post workout, your post just sparked a bit of thinking in me
    Another way to think about post-workout nutrition: Post Workout Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple

Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Derpamix, if your goal is to help provide people with information about how dietary changes (especially increasing sugar) could possibly help them, your approach is all wrong. I'm a believer that starches and sugars are healthy; I use them liberally myself. However your antagonistic tone is making me want to argue with you even though I don't necessarily disagree with you.

Unless you improve how you reply and interact with people on this website, people will just stop responding to your comments because any worthwhile information you might have will be lost due to the way you are trying to get the message across. No one is going to take advice from someone who openly hostile and insulting them.
    Actually, I think it's a good thing we have Derpamix to keep people like Paleo-bunny in check. They're equally retarded and deserve each other.

(btw I feel slightly less intelligent for even posting in this trainwreck of a thread)

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Okay, just to conclude my reasoning, and why I think fructose is dangerous:

This: IBS, Depression, and Skin Problems in Fructose Malabsorption | The Primal Parent

She solves her problems by adding dextrose to her diet: A Safer Sugar for Fructose Malabsorption | The Primal Parent

This is necessary because without sugar she becomes "vulcan" (The Carnivore’s Dilemma – A Diet of Just Meats and Fats? | The Primal Parent), though it should be noted she eats pretty much nothing but raw meat and fat.

This is just one case study out of many on the internet. Other paleos have mentioned the effect sugar has on dopamine and satiation.

But, one can not just throw sugar at any problem as if it is a super-cure. For someone who has problems digesting fructose throwing just "sugar" into their diet is the worst thing they can do. Even for those who don't have a "problem" with fructose, fructose is not healthy. That's just crazy-talk.

We're all armchair nutritionists on this forum, but really, let's try to first do no harm.

Terry H is online now Senior Member
    We're all armchair nutritionists on this forum, but really, let's try to first do no harm.

WORTH THE PRICE OF THE TICKET!

Terry H is online now Senior Member
    Actually, I think it's a good thing we have Derpamix to keep people like Paleo-bunny in check. They're equally retarded and deserve each other.

I disagree. She showed restraint considering the circumstance w/o the adolescent use of sexual innuendo (NOT YOU).

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post

(btw I feel slightly less intelligent for even posting in this trainwreck of a thread)

(you post practically the same "le so edgy XD" comments in every thread, your intelligence must be really suffering)

Okay, just to conclude my reasoning, and why I think fructose is dangerous:

This: IBS, Depression, and Skin Problems in Fructose Malabsorption | The Primal Parent

She solves her problems by adding dextrose to her diet: A Safer Sugar for Fructose Malabsorption | The Primal Parent

This is necessary because without sugar she becomes "vulcan" (The Carnivore’s Dilemma – A Diet of Just Meats and Fats? | The Primal Parent), though it should be noted she eats pretty much nothing but raw meat and fat.

This is just one case study out of many on the internet. Other paleos have mentioned the effect sugar has on dopamine and satiation.

But, one can not just throw sugar at any problem as if it is a super-cure. For someone who has problems digesting fructose throwing just "sugar" into their diet is the worst thing they can do. Even for those who don't have a "problem" with fructose, fructose is not healthy. That's just crazy-talk.

You're linking blog posts that don't cite any resources and are just anecdotal.

No one is saying to throw sugar or fructose at everything, but to say it's inherently harmful is just untrue. I've listed several sources already that seemed to just be falling on deaf ears. Believe what you want.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You're linking blog posts that don't cite any resources and are just anecdotal.
    You think fructose malabsorption is simply anecdotal?

No one is saying to throw sugar or fructose at everything
    You have advised everyone in this thread having problems to just eat more sugar.

but to say it's inherently harmful is just untrue. I've listed several sources already that seemed to just be falling on deaf ears. Believe what you want.
    Sorry, you quoted one source that says fructose has a function during hypoxia and another that showed it caused an uptake in copper (you do realize that too much copper is a bad thing, right?). In 99.5% of studies fructose has been shown to be harmful or increase aging. Yes I will believe what I want, but I am pretty certain that what it believe is perfectly rational.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast