Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal diet - Pros and Cons? page 16

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Metabolic rate directly correlates with longevity and intelligence. It's interdependent at all levels, when you have the ability to do something, you do it. There is no "more efficient" metabolism.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    see? religion

i see methodists and baptists and CoC, maybe catholics, all fussing about how to get to heaven
    Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

I like APC's cover of that song

oh now that you quote something it's not as cool

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Now that it's raining more than ever
    Know that we'll still have each other
    You can stand under my umbrella
    You can stand under my umbrella
    (Ella ella, ay ay ay)
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Zach is offline Banned
    Best, your experience mirrors mine exactly. Very interesting. Why do you not eat dairy?

As for the evolutionary perspective. It seems pretty bunk to begin with. We live here and now, nothing at all like our ancestors from 100,000 years ago or even 10,000 years ago. If anything its our last two or three generations that would have the greatest impact on our health. Maybe our DNA is not muched changed but what about our gut microbes, our tastes, even our thoughts. We cant replacate paleo man and maybe it would not even be beneficial to try. There is plenty of evidence to show that as a species we are bigger, stronger, live longer and are smarter then our ancestors even of a few hundred years ago. Maybe it is the excess calories and availability to year round foods that is the driving factor?

And before anyone says it, yes there is a epidemic of disease, but im not talking about a diet of frankenfoods and seed oils but real foods, high in calories, fats, carbs and protein. Everyone here knows what im saying even if they want to scream bullshit and point to a SAD. (I hate that term, it implys that anyone not on a certain diet is eating horribly and has multiple diseases.)

I guess what im saying is that just because something isnt paleo or doesnt jive with how a person from that era would do things does not automatically mean it is unhealthy in the short or even long term (example, eating high amounts of sugar.). Context always matters.

No one understands the fallacy right in front of their face. You can't accurately, and unbiasedly judge how much sugar is actually being consumed. How much is pure sugar, ie; not consumed with other chemical laden trash, hfcs, high fat content(Changes in glucose to... [Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI), etc;

I bet when you remove all those factors and consider how much pure sugar is being consumed alone, the number would drastically decline. It's even on the decline now, thanks to viral messages spinning unfounded lies about the deleterious health effects of sugar. Many ignorant health conscious Americans are swapping sugar for artificial sweeteners like splenda, aspartame, et al and yet, health is declining.

Lustig's crappy viral video spurring up fear mongering shows exactly how gullible people really are.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    No one understands the fallacy right in front of their face. You can't accurately, and unbiasedly judge how much sugar is actually being consumed. How much is pure sugar, ie; not consumed with other chemical laden trash, hfcs, high fat content(Changes in glucose to... [Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI), etc;

I bet when you remove all those factors and consider how much pure sugar is being consumed alone, the number would drastically decline. It's even on the decline now, thanks to viral messages spinning unfounded lies about the deleterious health effects of sugar. Many ignorant health conscious Americans are swapping sugar for artificial sweeteners like splenda, aspartame, et al and yet, health is declining.

Lustig's crappy viral video spurring up fear mongering shows exactly how gullible people really are.
    And its not just sugar. Saturated fats for pufa oils, wheat for gluten free, salt for a potassium substitute. People in power distort facts to generate fear and get people to buy something that they are selling. Nevermind that pure sugar, salt, animal fat and wheat have been around for thousands of years and these new "healthy" alternatives were just cooked up in a lab less the. 100 years ago.

Donning my tin foil hat for a moment -- You have to wonder how much is just ignorance on the researchers part(not looking at the whole picture, taking a skewed and utterly flawed test and running with it) and how much of it is just who's pocket they're in. I've learned to basically do the exact opposite of whatever mainstream beliefs suggest me.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    studies have shown that tin foil hats AMPLIFY government control rays

you're playing right into their hands
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Donning my tin foil hat for a moment -- You have to wonder how much is just ignorance on the researchers part(not looking at the whole picture, taking a skewed and utterly flawed test and running with it) and how much of it is just who's pocket they're in. I've learned to basically do the exact opposite of whatever mainstream beliefs suggest me.
    Why would any scientist or researcher do anything if not for the money. It just depends on who is going to pay them more for what they have to say.

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast