Thread: Marrow with Butter Spread page

Ally415 is offline Senior Member

Marrow with Butter Spread

Shop Now
    Holy Cow, I looked up bone marrow nutrition and it is so calorically dense!
    But anyway, so I bought this Bone Marrow with Butter Spread from Prather Ranch Meats. They were selling it at the Ferry Building in San Francisco at $4 each 4 oz bag. They told me that I could use it as a spread for my meats.

Does anyone else have any ideas of how to eat it? I was thinking of adding it to soups and smoothies?
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    It would probably be awesome in soups, but might get lost or add a meaty taste to smoothies.

Do you eat fried eggs? I would try frying them in that - the thought of it is making my mouth water.

Reheating leftovers.

Spread it on top of any beef dish; that stuff would turn the lowliest of burgers into a masterpiece.

Since both items are freezable, if you're worried that you won't use it up fast enough, freeze some of it.

I love marrow and I love butter, but would not on my own have thought of mixing them to make a spread. Sounds dreamy.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    thanks so much! maybe I won't add it to smoothies. Don't want to risk that lol
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    On celery or carrot sticks?

rockrunner Guest
    I make Bone broth most weeks...sometimes I can get large beef bones cut up that have lots of Marrow. I cook those in the crock pot...yum... they make little globs of fat in the mix of veggies and meat. I'll have to try and spread the marrow on something.