Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol page

cruncan is offline Member

Alcohol

Shop Now
    Do you drink alcohol? What kind? How often? Why or why not?
    Hustle for Happiness, Hustle for Love, Hustle for Health, Hustle for Wealth, Hustle for Muscle

http://www.hustleformuscle.com

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I mostly drink red wine these days, although the occasional beer, as long as it's REALLY nice, might pass my lips. In general though, I drink very little to begin with. Maybe once every month or two. Mostly when I'm with family and drinks are already being poured.

More food for thought:

Definitive Guide to Alcohol on a Low Carb Diet | Mark's Daily Apple

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Tito's, Ciroc, Patron XO (straight or with some Ryan's), Patron Silver when the regional VP's are buying, Jameson, Knob Creek, several weissbier & several doppelbock. I won't give up alcohol for anything. I however don't drink every night, or even every other night.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

BoldAsLove is offline Member
    Red wine or nice craft beers. Beer is my 20%.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    I drink wine three days per week. One evening I'll have too much round a friend's house and Saturday & Sunday I will have half a bottle with dinner. I also drink single malts every now and again. Had a couple of tots on Tuesday evening when my daughter with grandson were visiting. Had wine then too. I do however make allowance for it as far as calories go because I am still losing weight.

I had a pint of real ale in the summer after walking in the hills and wine would just not have been as satisfying. I will also be having some beer with a curry in the new year.

I enjoy my life and although I see the sense of being 100% primal, I'm going to be naughty when I want to because that's just the way I am.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    I like Cider & might have 1-2 times a week..
    & the occasional Whisky(usually Stags Breath Honey Whisky Liqueur)& Kraken Rum
    Occasional meaning a 70cl bottle will last me & hubby well over a year if not much longer.

If we go out for a meal I might have something like a margarita or daiquiri or whatever im in the mood for but that happens fewer times a year than I can count on one hand.

I use Wine for cooking with but dont drink it (never liked the taste) so dont know if that counts Gotta do something with all the booze I get from my clients at Christmas time
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i had at least three scotch's last night. we can't say for certain.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    This might sound funny or silly to some, but I never took to drinking alcohol. Especially hard liquor. It tastes nasty to me and it burns my esophagus really bad. Wine tastes like a puke to me, LOL! I used to drink beer once in a blue moon when having pizza or hot wings.

I wish I've had similar experience with cigarettes too, but finally kicked the 14 year nasty habit for good, two years ago.

Paleobird Guest
    I used to love a good red wine but I rarely drink at all anymore. Since going Primal, I find my tolerance for alcohol is way down and the hangover factor is way up. It just doesn't work out to being worth it except as a special occasion *one* glass.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Yes.
    Woodchuck hard cider whenever it sounds good, and martinis (espresso martinis are heaven) on Thursday nights with my crew.

It's been an eventful week so I've indulged the last 3 days, but typically it's just Thursday nights, with maybe one or two hard ciders at any other time through the week. Maybe 4-5 drinks a week, tops. Some weeks, none.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast