Thread: Stinky farts ever since started paleo page

paleomusician is offline Junior Member

Stinky farts ever since started paleo

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,
    I did the whole30 this summer, and have been eating mainly paleo ever since. Diet mainly consists of eggs/meat for breakfast, a salad with chicken (or some other meat) for lunch, and meat/veggies for dinner. I'm feeling awesome, maintaining weight, etc etc except for one thing which you've already guessed from the title: I have AWFUL smelling farts. I have never in my life been a guy who has bad smelling farts. EVER. But now it's truly offensive. Anyone else experiencing this? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

peril is offline Senior Member
    You need to fix your gut flora. Try eating fermented foods, especially fermented vegetables
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I have almost no gas anymore. Oddly, I do find that when I DO have gas, it's MUCH more foul smelling than when I was eating CW (TMI, I know), but it happens SO infrequently anymore that I am willing to accept the trade-off.

And yes, I second the fermented veggies recommendation. I eat a ton of them these days.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I think it may have to do with the high protein. My friend has goats, as do I. I feed a more forage based ration. They are on milk test and feed a very high protein grain and plenty of it. Their goats toots are horrible.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    You need to fix your gut flora.
    This.