Thread: Pseudo-Food page

Bosnic is offline Senior Member

Pseudo-Food

Primal Fuel
    I live near this store that sells a lot of foods in bulk. A lot of good stuff like nuts, seeds. But then the rest is flours, pasta, and... candy.

Walking through the candy isle, it was very colorful. But imagine if they stripped away this color. It would all be colorless "stuff". It would be a lot less appetizing to the masses. Let's go a step further and take away the "flavoring" that makes some of this candy taste fruity. Then... it's just sugar. The same goes for soda. It's sugar water with flavor and color, oh and carbonation.

Colorless, flavorless... it doesn't seem that appetizing. You would instinctively KNOW it wasn't food. But all they gotta do is add some color and flavor, and now it's acceptable to eat this junk, and give it to children.

Mostly everyone would say feeding your kid spoonfuls of sugar would be cruel, and unhealthy. But "dress it up" with some flavor and color, and now it's completely acceptable.
    Last edited by Bosnic; 12-20-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, the masquerade of grain shapes. What a dry, bland parade once you can detect all the fakeness.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Yes, the masquerade of grain shapes. What a dry, bland parade once you can detect all the fakeness.
    Yeah, anything that needs to be ground into a powder, and then cooked, JUST so we can even digest it (sorta)... Hint hint: Maybe this is not the ideal food for humans?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Well, there probably is no real ideal food for humans. Selections evolve too quickly for anything like "ideal" to emerge. There are just more and less harmful foods we can choose from. I mean, geez, look at those idiotic pandas. Designed to digest meat, living on bamboo. Nature is cruel and senseless. Very few things (interesting as those few may be!) are designed to be eaten and digested by specific animals, even less by humans. That's where the science has to overlap with common sense, and that's what keeps me here. Mark's rational approach to what foods make sense to eat.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    Mostly everyone would say feeding your kid spoonfuls of sugar would be cruel, and unhealthy. But "dress it up" with some flavor and color, and now it's completely acceptable.
    Make something tasty, sweet, and colourful and kids loves it! Even Nature does the same to make sure that animals and humans are lured to eat fruits...