Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: Diet Coke??? page

  1. #1
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    3,877

    Diet Coke???

    Primal Fuel
    Yes, Diet Coke!!! Or whatever soft drink sweetened without sucrose or fructose, close to zero or no carbs! No study to my knowledge on humans that shows that they may be harmful, only mega doses made on rodents, equivalent to drinking hundreds of bottles per day for a human. Well, they seem to be safe enough anyway, and maybe some study will show up that they may be even safer than bottled water?

    So, what’s your favorite non-sugar soft drink? Personally I like Coke Zero and I use to squeeze some lime juice into the Coke, and right now I drink it very cold with a straw and lots of ice here in the heat of the summer…


    CokeZero.jpg

  2. #2
    Graycat's Avatar
    Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,933
    If I absolutely have to have a soda, it's usually something without artificial dyes and phosphoric acid. So, it's either diet Ginger ale or Sprite. Better yet, non Aspartame sweetened diet Tonic water.

  3. #3
    Dr. Bork Bork's Avatar
    Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813
    Have a soft spot for diet rootbeer and sprite zero (especially when my stomach is "off"). I don't drink them regularly though. We only get soda when we go to In N Out (maybe twice a month)

    ETA: My all time favorite is cream soda though.
    Last edited by Dr. Bork Bork; 12-20-2012 at 09:11 AM.
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

  4. #4
    Jesster's Avatar
    Jesster is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    47
    Cold drinks are not on my radar at all at the moment, it's been raining for what feels like four weeks non stop, I have mud up to my eyeballs and I down tools every two hours to have a nice hot cup of Earl Grey to warm me up.

    With that said, I'm off to the Philippines in a weeks' time and I'd have to agree that Coke Zero with fresh lime in is great. Even better with gin. Gin, lime and Coke; works with lime cordial also.

    But right now, I'm going to put the kettle on again. It was dark at 4.20pm. Now where's that noose?

  5. #5
    primalrob's Avatar
    primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    2,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    If I absolutely have to have a soda, it's usually something without artificial dyes and phosphoric acid. So, it's either diet Ginger ale or Sprite. Better yet, non Aspartame sweetened diet Tonic water.
    if you like ginger ale, check out GT's gingerade kombucha. all the yumminess and fizziness of ginger ale without all the chemical sweeteners. it costs more, of course, but making your own ginger kombucha is a breeze.

  6. #6
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yes, Diet Coke!!! Or whatever soft drink sweetened without sucrose or fructose, close to zero or no carbs! No study to my knowledge on humans that shows that they may be harmful, only mega doses made on rodents, equivalent to drinking hundreds of bottles per day for a human. Well, they seem to be safe enough anyway, and maybe some study will show up that they may be even safer than bottled water?

    So, what’s your favorite non-sugar soft drink? Personally I like Coke Zero and I use to squeeze some lime juice into the Coke, and right now I drink it very cold with a straw and lots of ice here in the heat of the summer…


    CokeZero.jpg
    It's funny sugar and such is ridiculed here, but we have a topic on diet coke being seriously replied to.

    You can keep your excitotoxins, Gorbag. I'll just drink an actual coke made with real sugar.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  7. #7
    statikcat's Avatar
    statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    226
    The idea of drinking something that signals your body you are consuming calories when there are no calories present seems like a bad idea on even a semi regular basis for your metabolism and appetite.

  8. #8
    InSearchOfAbs's Avatar
    InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,466
    Wet blankets aside, I'm with Dr. Bork and diet root beer.

    Freaking tasty as all getout. Love A&W's but found that Barq's
    didn't taste like root beer at all!

    There is also "sparkling lemondade" (diet) that we've found and liked.

    Also diet Sun Drop is tasty, but mostly I stick to a can of diet root beer with
    dinner (over ice with a straw is dreamy) OR a diet pepsi or coke if I need to
    stay up a little later.

    MIL is in town, so staying up later is on the docket for the next ten days.

    Julie

  9. #9
    DinoHunter's Avatar
    DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,190
    Aspartame give me a nasty headache.Really Really Nasty. I never drink/eat the stuff even pre-primal.
    If im gonna drink soda then im gonna treat myself to something special. generally posh stuff that comes in a glass bottle & cost 3-4x what your standard cola cost. with sugar... not chemical *uckery
    (for instance Fentimans Rose Lemonade
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

    http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

  10. #10
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    The idea of drinking something that signals your body you are consuming calories when there are no calories present seems like a bad idea on even a semi regular basis for your metabolism and appetite.
    Seem like a good idea to me, like coffee it blunts or takes away my hunger or cravings! And my metabolism and health is just fine after decades of drinking non-sugared soft drinks...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •