Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Diet Coke??? page 7

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Thanks. I usually eat (a lot of) 90% Lindt from Walmart at $2.23/bar. Today I picked-up some 85% Green & Black's from my local Giant on sale for $2.50/bar. I am not a big fan of Ghiradelli but I will try the 100%. The only 100% available to me locally is Hershey's and Baker's. I am guessing neither are very high quality.
    Just found this. Don't know how taste of brownie would translate into taste of straight bar but maybe I will try Hershey's.

Unsweetened Chocolate « Christopher Kimball Blog

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Thanks. I usually eat (a lot of) 90% Lindt from Walmart at $2.23/bar. Today I picked-up some 85% Green & Black's from my local Giant on sale for $2.50/bar. I am not a big fan of Ghiradelli but I will try the 100%. The only 100% available to me locally is Hershey's and Baker's. I am guessing neither are very high quality.
    Just found this. Don't know how taste of brownie would translate into taste of straight bar but maybe I will try Hershey's.

Unsweetened Chocolate « Christopher Kimball Blog

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yes, Diet Coke!!!
    I drink it very cold with a straw and lots of ice here in the heat of the summer…
    Do they even have summer in Ecuador? Isn't it always summer?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Do they even have summer in Ecuador? Isn't it always summer?
    We have two seasons here at the coast of Ecuador; the dry and cool season is from May to November and the hot summer is from December to May. A typical temperature in the middle of the day, close to the sea, is now around 26 - 30 degrees Celsius, while in the "winter" it's around 20 - 22 degrees Celsius. In the inland it is much hotter, and up in the mountains cooler, even artic when you goes high enough…
    Last edited by Gorbag; 12-21-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My soda habit is confined to one or two root beer floats every summer, but once in while (maybe twice a year) I have an urge and ask my Honey for a sip of his diet Dr. Pepper. I literally shiver, shake, and gasp after I drink it. I think of it as medicinal, 'cause it sure feels like it!

MasterCye is offline Junior Member
    Before I went Primal I drank a fair amount of soda. I then transitioned to diet soda.

There was one problem, In the winter time when the air is dry I tend to get nose bleeds. After starting to drink diet soda my nose bleeds were terrible, the blood would just gush out and it took a long time for the bleeding to stop. I couldn't figure out why the nose bleeds were so bad, I wasn't eating anything different, nothing was different in my life. I was about to go see a doctor about it when I remembered the diet soda. Nah, that couldn't be it, so I did some research on aspartame and discovered that it was a bit of a blood thinner. Bingo. I immediately stop drinking diet soda and within a week my nose bleeds stopped.

So now if I feel like having a soda, which isn't often, I get a normal kind.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCye View Post
    Before I went Primal I drank a fair amount of soda. I then transitioned to diet soda.

There was one problem, In the winter time when the air is dry I tend to get nose bleeds. After starting to drink diet soda my nose bleeds were terrible, the blood would just gush out and it took a long time for the bleeding to stop. I couldn't figure out why the nose bleeds were so bad, I wasn't eating anything different, nothing was different in my life. I was about to go see a doctor about it when I remembered the diet soda. Nah, that couldn't be it, so I did some research on aspartame and discovered that it was a bit of a blood thinner. Bingo. I immediately stop drinking diet soda and within a week my nose bleeds stopped.

So now if I feel like having a soda, which isn't often, I get a normal kind.
    That's very interesting! Any links to studies or articles?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567