Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Diet Coke??? page 6

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Really? How can you know that it taste like crap if you never touch the stuff? Personally I don't like Coke light or Sprite Zero, but I very much like Coke Zero, especially when cold and with lime! Hmm, I remember that I have a bottle ready in the refrigerator so I think I’ll have some right now…
    Same way cotton candy or little smokeys taste like crap to me too I guess. Just my subjective tastes. If you like em that just leaves more for you .

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Aspartame gives me a screaming headache and nausea. I tend to avoid any of the chemical sweeteners. The stevia sodas taste funny to me generally. I'll stick with having a bottle of really good ginger beer a couple of times a year.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Paleobird Guest
    I think all that diet soda does is keep your taste buds from growing up. I think this hinders long tern efforts to ditch fake and real sugar in the diet.

My occasional "treat" would be a ginger kombucha.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I think all that diet soda does is keep your taste buds from growing up.
    But, but, but... in between glasses of Diet Coke and lime juice, I also enjoy some primal French haute cuisine, included a fine and mature Bordeaux from time to time…

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    sorry, my tastebuds are more mature than i am
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    But, but, but... in between glasses of Diet Coke and lime juice, I also enjoy some primal French haute cuisine, included a fine and mature Bordeaux from time to time…
    Haha! I meant this in reference to the people who still "crave" sweets and use diet sodas as a stand in. Getting past thinking you "need" that sweet taste is better. Your taste buds really do adjust, what I called "growing up". I eat 100% bakers chocolate now and think it tastes delightful when I never could have managed anything over 72% before. When your taste buds have grown up, if, on a rare occasion, you *want* a sweet treat like Primal carrot cake for your birthday, go ahead. It won't send you into a tailspin of cravings/binging.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Haha! I meant this in reference to the people who still "crave" sweets and use diet sodas as a stand in. Getting past thinking you "need" that sweet taste is better. Your taste buds really do adjust, what I called "growing up". I eat 100% bakers chocolate now and think it tastes delightful when I never could have managed anything over 72% before. When your taste buds have grown up, if, on a rare occasion, you *want* a sweet treat like Primal carrot cake for your birthday, go ahead. It won't send you into a tailspin of cravings/binging.
    Paleo, what is your favorite brand of 100% chocolate?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Paleo, what is your favorite brand of 100% chocolate?
    Ghiradelli. They even have a website and sell online if your store doesn't carry it.

jmday is offline Senior Member
    California Native living in land locked Kansas
    I was a diet coke addict. First thing in the am and all day. I've been off the crap for nearly 4.5 years now. Amazing how sweet things taste once you get your taste buds back. We took the boys to St Louis last year to see the Sharks play the Blues. We did lunch at Fitz's Root Beer.

Sweet as hell, but if you are going to have something might as well be a root beer float.

Aspartame gives me a bleeding headache now.
    Julia
    Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
    Started Primal Mid January 2011
    Current Weight 183
    Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
    http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ghiradelli. They even have a website and sell online if your store doesn't carry it.
    Thanks. I usually eat (a lot of) 90% Lindt from Walmart at $2.23/bar. Today I picked-up some 85% Green & Black's from my local Giant on sale for $2.50/bar. I am not a big fan of Ghiradelli but I will try the 100%. The only 100% available to me locally is Hershey's and Baker's. I am guessing neither are very high quality.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast