Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Diet Coke???

Shop Now
    Most of them taste like junk. There's a few ice tea's that are half sugar and still taste pretty good. Diet lemonade is pretty good with vodka as well. What I find is that I drink them when I'm hungry they starve off hunger for a few hours, but if I drink one with or just after a meal I get hungrily shortly after.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 12-21-2012 at 12:01 AM.

I've never liked any form of soda, even as a child - always preferred water. Now, coffee is my addiction of choice ...

But, just to say, my daughter gets really ill (hospital ill) if she ingests anything with aspartame, saccharin, aesculfame or sorbitol in it (including toothpaste), and so it just makes sense to us to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    Have a soft spot for diet rootbeer and sprite zero (especially when my stomach is "off"). I don't drink them regularly though. We only get soda when we go to In N Out (maybe twice a month)

ETA: My all time favorite is cream soda though.
    ~20 drops NuNaturals liquid vanilla stevia in 12 oz seltzer tastes just like cream soda.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

My taste buds are not bothered by artificial sweeteners, but I have never really enjoyed soda. I do love diet ginger ale alone or as a mixer with gin though.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Soft drink burns my throat- and all types of coke are the worst for it. As a result, I never drank it as a child, and apart for the odd sip of someone else's drink now and then when i am really, really thirsty, i steer clear. . .

Alcohol added to it tends to reduce the burn though ;-) but these days I stick to wine, water and coffee (not necessarily in that order!)

When I drink soda (rare) it is because I'm craving sweets. I go for diet root beer or cream soda.

Rarely, like once a year rarely, I will have a regular Coke from Mexico (made with sugar not HFCS) out of the glass bottle, ice cold from the fridge.

Otherwise, I am perfectly happy with seltzer or kombucha.

Euggghhh....rotten stuff IMO. Rots your insides.

If someone was holding a gun to my head, I'm afraid I'd go for the 'full fat' version with sugar before those evil sweeteners.

Hmmm, as you might've guessed, I'm not a fan!

Fake sugar taste like crap. Any diet soda tastes horrible! I'd never touch the stuff. I'd just rather use real sugar at that point....heck, once your taste buds are adjusted to eating real food it really doesn't take much honey before a drink is tasting very sweet. I use like 1/2-1 teaspoon in my coffee sometimes and its more than enough.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Fake sugar taste like crap. Any diet soda tastes horrible! I'd never touch the stuff.
    Really? How can you know that it taste like crap if you never touch the stuff? Personally I don't like Coke light or Sprite Zero, but I very much like Coke Zero, especially when cold and with lime! Hmm, I remember that I have a bottle ready in the refrigerator so I think I’ll have some right now…