Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet Coke??? page 3

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Aspartame give me a nasty headache.Really Really Nasty. I never drink/eat the stuff even pre-primal.
    If im gonna drink soda then im gonna treat myself to something special. generally posh stuff that comes in a glass bottle & cost 3-4x what your standard cola cost. with sugar... not chemical *uckery
    (for instance Fentimans Rose Lemonade
    Yes I have read and spoke with quite a few people who get bad headaches or even depression from diet soda specifically. Everyone reacts differently of course many might not ever notice a difference. I think the main issue is the REST of your diet. If diet soda is a single vice, or one of few, it probably isn't a big concern for most people. I believe the big problem for many people is diet soda is one of many gray areas that add up to a larger percentage of their diet.

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Seem like a good idea to me, like coffee it blunts or takes away my hunger or cravings! And my metabolism and health is just fine after decades of drinking non-sugared soft drinks...
    If it jives with you go for it. However, I find it interesting that you use diet coke to blunt hunger and cravings. For me personally, the goal of a proper diet is to eat whenever I am hungry and not have an issue with cravings. Diet soda may be actually preventing your body from disassociating itself from any bad foods you might be craving.. but maybe I misunderstand your phrasing. Don't get me wrong I enjoy bad stuff here and there but I never feel a craving for it that is so strong I must "blunt" it.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You can add me to that crew, with Statikat & Finnegan's Wake.
    Yeah, since when is it being a "wet blanket " to say that eating unprocessed natural whole foods is better than artificial stuff that doesn't even qualify as food? Yeah I guess Mark is just a big ol' wet blanket.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    If it jives with you go for it. However, I find it interesting that you use diet coke to blunt hunger and cravings. For me personally, the goal of a proper diet is to eat whenever I am hungry and not have an issue with cravings. Diet soda may be actually preventing your body from disassociating itself from any bad foods you might be craving.. but maybe I misunderstand your phrasing. Don't get me wrong I enjoy bad stuff here and there but I never feel a craving for it that is so strong I must "blunt" it.
    Well, even the most hardcore dieters may get some hunger pangs or cravings from time to time, especially when getting leaner and trying to get even leaner. Drinks like black coffee or diet soda helps by stopping hunger or cravings without any "damage" when on a strict diet and that’s a good thing, instead of doing what your body tells you, and what is completely natural; to go on a binge to restore those glycogen and fat depots! Remember that the body will fight hard against getting leaner, so we must do some tricks to make sure that it gives up the fat when it prefer to keep on to the fat tissue, and in this context we have diet sodas, black coffee, tea or whatever helps…
    Last edited by Gorbag; 12-20-2012 at 11:37 AM.

shep68 is offline Senior Member
    Guilty. Diet Coke is my vice. Never really drank it for the "diet" part; I just like the taste. Used to be totally addicted and prob went through a 6 pack a day. My cup at work was always full of DC. Several years ago I started noticing the effects and figured I better chill out. I've cut my consumption in 1/2 and don't bring it to work w/ me anymore opting instead for water. I'm sure I still drink more than I should, but I don't do coffee or tea so this is my caffeine fix. As my primal life moves forward I'll prob try to wean myself down to one a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Hmmm. maybe it's something wrong with plain water as well then, because all those obese persons that always carries a large water bottle with them, something I rarely observe among leaner people...
    You should try to get those findings published, man! :-D

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Chewing gum is my vice....

spinningtales is offline Member
    If I am really craving a soda, I either drink sparkling juice or hansen's root beer-- with sugar. I like cutting it with sparkling water so it isn't so sweet though.

Zach is offline Banned
    Oh the hypocrisy of it all.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    This is a joke, right? Tell me this is a joke.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast