Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet Coke??? page 2

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You can keep your excitotoxins, Gorbag. I'll just drink an actual coke made with real sugar.
    You naughty and depraved soul! Loads of pure sugar in that stuff, I can feel the end of the world is present…

I cannot remember the last time I drank a soda. Probably about 7-8 years ago?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Wet blankets aside
    You can add me to that crew, with Statikat & Finnegan's Wake.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I cannot remember the last time I drank a soda. Probably about 7-8 years ago?
    Those 7 - 8 years will never come back to you, and there will be no rewards in heaven for not drinking diet soda! - just saying...

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Okay, prefacing this with: I drink soda once in a blue moon (not counting bubbly water that I make at home).

personally I prefer to drink the real stuff. The strange chemical aftertaste of diet soda = ick.

There are a couple of brands that use stevia that taste okay to me, and several natural (non-diet) brands that I'd have as a treat, or if I'm really craving a coke in a can, I'll even get that (ooooh HFCS once [or less] a year - teh horror!). But even then, a lot of soda just tastes too sweet to me.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    if you like ginger ale, check out GT's gingerade kombucha. all the yumminess and fizziness of ginger ale without all the chemical sweeteners. it costs more, of course, but making your own ginger kombucha is a breeze.
    Cool. I'll check it out. Thanks for mentioning it.

I've seen studies on MDA (that I am too lazy to search for at the moment) that...well they note that people who drink diet sodas tend to be fatter and more prone to metabolic syndrom that people who don't, even accounting for things like caloric intake. No study has been able to point to anything in diet soda that does this, but my money says that in 10 or 20 years, we'll know exactly what's wrong with it.

Now. This is all very easy for me to say because diet sodas have really never done it for me. Sodas in general don't these days. If I'm gonna drink something cold, delicious and potentially questionable, it may as well be a strong-as-hell margarita. On the rocks. With salt. Yee-uh.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha the Cat View Post
    I've seen studies on MDA (that I am too lazy to search for at the moment) that...well they note that people who drink diet sodas tend to be fatter and more prone to metabolic syndrom that people who don't, even accounting for things like caloric intake. No study has been able to point to anything in diet soda that does this, but my money says that in 10 or 20 years, we'll know exactly what's wrong with it.

Now. This is all very easy for me to say because diet sodas have really never done it for me. Sodas in general don't these days. If I'm gonna drink something cold, delicious and potentially questionable, it may as well be a strong-as-hell margarita. On the rocks. With salt. Yee-uh.
    I'm inclined to believe that. It really depends on the quantities consumed and the frequency, though. I have heard of people drinking diet soda by the gallons.

Years ago when I was cutting calories I was able to wean myself off soda and all fizzy drinks. It lasted for a couple of years, and if I took just a small sip of anything carbonated, it really bothered me.
    Limiting the sodas (diet or otherwise) to an occasional couple of times a month thing, should be harmless for most, if not all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha the Cat View Post
    I've seen studies on MDA (that I am too lazy to search for at the moment) that...well they note that people who drink diet sodas tend to be fatter and more prone to metabolic syndrom that people who don't, even accounting for things like caloric intake.
    Hmmm. maybe it's something wrong with plain water as well then, because all those obese persons that always carries a large water bottle with them, something I rarely observe among leaner people...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Those 7 - 8 years will never come back to you, and there will be no rewards in heaven for not drinking diet soda! - just saying...
    Uh, OK. Personally don't see anything to like about soda, nada, zilch. No pleasure derived, so nothing missed by avoiding it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast