Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paleo Vodka and Teenagers page

Huncamunca is offline Junior Member

Paleo Vodka and Teenagers

Shop Now
    Hi. I've been getting questions from teenagers about whether or not they should be drinking vodka. I'm being told that "Vodka is the healthiest drink" and then having it confirmed as the best Paleo choice by well-meaning adults. This message can't be coming from Mark. But where is it coming from?
    WOD Masters: stiff competition: CrossFit Paleo Alcohol and Vodka

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about healthiest but compared to other drinks it is healthier... especially if it's Ciroc or Tito's (gluten free)
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Jesster is offline Member
    Is it because it's made from potatoes not grains? Gin is from juniper berries isn't it? But whisky is from grains...

How about Pimms?! Not sure what that's made of actually....but lots of strawbs and apple and cucumber and mint so it's a bit primal I suppose. Teenagers getting wasted on Pimms, now there's a thing...better than alcopops anyway.

Is cider primal?

Jesster is offline Member
    I wonder what Grok fermented to get him and his mates plastered at a gathering/fire dance/drumming jam session?

KB29 is offline Junior Member
    As someone who drinks wayy too much whiskey I'm interested to hear if vodka (gluten free, potato vs. grain) is a better choice.

Granted, I'd be better served to cut back on alcohol considerably, but as that happens it'd be nice to know what is a better bad choice.

Seems like I'd read somewhere along the way that they're all about the same. The fact that whisky is made from grain didn't really factor into the primal/paleo thing...aside from a bunch of hollow calories.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Teenagers *shouldn't* be drinking vodka. That's illegal in the US.

That being said, vodka is a "cleaner" alcohol. It's purposely filtered for impurities. There'd be much less sugar and no additives, as opposed to other hard alcohols.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    It's important to remember the difference between healthier and healthy.

Ideally, one would not drink alcohol.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I vote no vodka for teenagers. I don't even let the teenagers in my van

Most unadulterated distilled alcohol is considered safe from gluten for all but the most severe sufferers of Celiac. Obviously potato and corn vodka are without question safe from gluten.

Yes, vodka is filtered. Free of the cogeners that give delicious whiskey its beautiful color but also offer an additional toxin load on top of the alcohol.

Higher quality alcohols will contain fewer "heads" and "tails," or trace amounts of alcohols aside from pure ethanol that evaporate at slightly higher or lower temperatures. My understanding is that these higher and lower alcohols can wreak quite a bit of havoc and are best avoided by drinking high quality stuff.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    It's important to remember the difference between healthier and healthy.

Ideally, one would not drink alcohol.
    +1000000!

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesster View Post
    Is it because it's made from potatoes not grains? Gin is from juniper berries isn't it? But whisky is from grains...

How about Pimms?! Not sure what that's made of actually....but lots of strawbs and apple and cucumber and mint so it's a bit primal I suppose. Teenagers getting wasted on Pimms, now there's a thing...better than alcopops anyway.

Is cider primal?
    Ciroc is arguably not Vodka depending on who you ask because it's made from snap-frost grapes. Tito's is made from yellow corn.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast