Thread: Have a cold? Have you tried fasting to recover from illness? page

richard is offline Senior Member

Have a cold? Have you tried fasting to recover from illness?

Shop Now
    Second day I'm fasting. I fasted two days ago when I felt ragged and like I was getting a cold. It worked and I felt better yesterday. I ate then, and today I'm fasting until tomorrow as I still feel it a little.

I've found that fasting is THE best way to recover from being sick.

A few years ago I came back from traveling in South American and had Giardia. The doc's meds didn't work. I fasted after that and took digestive enzymes after reading how a vet treated dogs that got giardia. And it worked. I got totally better.

Since then when I've felt a cold coming on I've fasted and found that it allows for a remarkable recovery.

Have you tried this? What is your experience?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I find that fasting adds stress that worsens everything, every ache and pain and feeling unwell. If I am not hungry when sick, I won't eat. My normal mode is to sleep it over. Then, when hunger kicks in, I eat because in my view it is my body telling me to get the nutrients to speed up healing.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I find it really helps me to feel better. I have never tracked my illness duration, but from memory, it seems like it might make the recovery quicker. Or maybe, it just feels quicker since I'm not at the worst stage for so long.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    you want to shorten the duration and intensity of a cold, take zinc.

when i'm sick, i eat if i'm hungry and i don't if i'm not. i think listening to your body is probably the best thing to do when you are sick. i'm just getting over a cold now, and i've been stuffing my face since monday.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Well, then it makes perfect sense that when sick most people have almost no appetite. Must be how the body heals itself naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Well, then it makes perfect sense that when sick most people have almost no appetite. Must be how the body heals itself naturally.
    Heh. I always figured it was cuz your belly's full of drainage. I wonder what the macronutrient breakdown of snot is...