Thread: Which is worse? page

feelgoodfrenzy is offline Junior Member

Which is worse?

Primal Fuel
    I am contemplating this question tonight: would it be considered worse (if body recomposition is the goal) to eat a sweet potato that contains 30g of carbs or a piece of dark chocolate that has 6g of carbs, but 3g from added sugar?

lesliek is offline Member
    I'm fairly certain the chocolate would have less of an undesirable affect than the sweet potato.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    Agree with lesliek, but it depends on the rest of your day and just how much you really like each one. I'm not a big fan of dark chocolate, so I would probably treat myself to 1/2 the potato or something.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    If it's an occasional treat, eat which ever one sounds good. An occasional treat won't derail you. If you're making it a daily habit, that might be different.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I'd choose the chocolate, when body recomp is the goal and a "treat" is the purpose. If the purpose were to try plateau-breaking or re-feeding after a tough workout (particularly with a muscle-building goal), I'd choose the sweet potato.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    How about a small portion of the potato and the chocolate as well, for say 15-20 carbs?? Live it up! Really, your body can't tell the difference between the sugar in the chocolate and in the potato. People seem to get obsessed with sugar, like it's somehow intrinsically toxic or different than other carbs, and really it's not (well maybe HFCS, but we're not talking about that).

feelgoodfrenzy is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the input! I actually wasn't eating either one (woo sauteed chicken!) haha, but I guess I was curious as to whether added sugar automatically makes a food worse than a natural food, even if the overall carbs were lower.

Sterling is offline Member