Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Licarrit"s Primal Journal page 3

Licarrit Guest

Primal Fuel

Plugged my old numbers into the new program and got 35.5% BF so I have dropped 2% body fat in less than 3 months not to shabby! And! I hadn't really kicked the exercise piece into gear so now that I (hopefully!) have that working too maybe I'll see some big differences!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you are doing great, licarrit. I think calipers would be more accurate and not that expensive to measure body fat. I need to get some myself. Did your doctors do any kind of tests to determine how much insulin you produce? Sorry for the questions- I am just interested. I am thinking of requesting a C peptides and GAD antibody testing next I go.

Licarrit Guest

I have an Endocrine appt. coming up soon so I want to ask her about how much insulin I am actually making among other things.

I actually have calipers and I agree, calipers are more accurate in trained hands, the problem is that there aren't alot of trained hands around. My DH is an M.D. and he's no help! The estimator works to show trends and that is fine with me for now.

The real (lifetime) goal is to eliminate or greatly reduce the insulin I am taking. I may not ever be able to get off the long acting but I should be able to control the diet and exercise to eliminate the short acting.

Licarrit Guest

Okay, I Trikked again last night, less than previously but I had a time crunch and only got it @1/2 an hour still better than the usual attempts at cardio. This morning I got up and did my TRX routine which seemed not so hard so maybe they are more complimentary than I originally thought.

For the record: 3 Trikke sessions this week and only 1 TRX so far but my week is going to go Mon. to Sun so I still have time.

I want to enter the workout and recipe contests so my brain has been buzzing with ideas. I'm going to have to do the filming myself. Everyone else is too freakin' opinionated!

Licarrit Guest

Okay, I am no good at journaling on the weekends and evidently no good at actually working out either. It rained on and off all weekend so no trikking -I didn't feel too bad about it as I had gotten in 2 very long sessions and one of @ 1/2 an hour. The problem was I didn't get in any more TRX sessions and that is indoors!

So to recap: 3 Trikke sessions, 1 TRX session, close but no cigar as far as goals go. I did find a classic French dessert that I am going to make Primal and shoot a video recipe of so I was at least thinking Primal even if I failed at my exercise goals. Sleeping has eluded me lately which can lead to me not working out so that is something else I need to keep an eye on. My goal for today is to get in a TRX session this afternoon when I get home and since it is supposed to rain most of the week I am allowing myself to sub 1/2 an hour on the treadmill for a Trikke session when needed.

So Goal for this week: 3x TRX sessions, 4 Trikke/treadmill sessions.

I may even make on of the treadmill sessions a HIIT. Hmmm, that could be an interesting exercise vid, how to do "sprinting" when your knees and ankles can't really handle it!

Licarrit Guest

Got my TRX workout in yesterday, Should be able to Trikke this afternoon. I am sooooooooo tired, stayed up way to late finishing a book -hey it was a really good book!

Licarrit Guest

okay, the tiredness did not get better and I went to bed at @7:30pm. Woke up just as tired which tells me this is not about staying up late to read. Missed Trikking yesterday. Downloaded a bodyweight workout program (that actually features Mark in the food guides, a good sign! I'm going to look it over today and start tonight. I need to shake this overwhelming exhaustion. The biggest surprise today was that I was telling my DH that he WAS going to start exercising with me and I was prepared for a big showdown and nothing! just a simple okay! That has never happened before!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

that's awesome that DH has agreed to exercise with you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123