Page 99 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 99

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I would definitely track. I've been hanging out in low carb friends bb and found that people who have been doing this for 6+ months track their macros. You will have to adjust as you lose. Also, there is a typical adjustment period of 1 month where you will either gain or stay the same weight for a period of time then you will start dropping. I'm not able to come into MDA from work so I research NK on low carb friends.

I need to remember this "one month adjustment period" this time so I don't get discouraged and veer off into potato territory....

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Okay, i foound a recipe for homemade mascarpone on the same site! Just heavy cream and lemon juice.
    Yeah, I was wondering if that cream cheese recipe would work if I swapped out half the milk for HWC...

But I'm actually thinking about making a batching of Creme Bulgare (which is basically yogurt made with all HWC, or half and half for french cream) soooo... not sure I need any cream cheese, or I could just strain off some of the CB until it goes solid. Yummy.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I need to remember this "one month adjustment period" this time so I don't get discouraged and veer off into potato territory....
    the potato idea always sounds appealing till i stop and think about actually eating all those potatoes without butter. occasionally in the past i have done a liver flush which involves eating no fat from when you get up till 10pm at night. i usually feel cold, headacey and itchy. and the prospect of a week of that does me in. i'd rather go on a coconut oil diet for that amount of time and count calories!

back on topic. how do you work out how many calories you should be having? i used one of the online BMR calculators and it came up with 1300 so i am working with 1200. would that be correct? or should i have more? i prob have 5kg to lose. maybe less. and i exercise a fair bit.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    OMG the sugar beast has been woken!
    I knew I should have stayed away from the cream cheese clouds
    I bought some cream cheese, and made some with coconut sugar (100g of carbs for 100g ). I didn't want to use fake sweeteners though.
    While I was blending it up I kept tasting, and damn it was good! I prob ate 1/4 of the mixture doing that. The rest are in the freezer, but OMG I want to eat them all right now. Right now I actually feel like I could eat everything, I am not going too, but damn! Sugar is evil for me, truly evil.

Oh Ayla. So sorry.

I find the Sweetleaf liquid stevia in vanilla cream is good if you use a light hand with it.
    But other brands not so much.

It took me a while to recover to where I could eat sugary things again without the sugar takeover feeling...
    But is does eventually happen! At least for me it has.
    So have heart.

But to get there I'd recommend stopping sugar and using replacements sparingly for about 2-3 months then test it.
    Know that it may take longer however. I think it was maybe 6 months for me.
    Now I can have a dessert made with real sugar, on occasion, with absolutely zero after effects.
    I don't have these sugar indulgences often... I still use the vanilla liquid stevia on a daily basis because I'm so used to it and it does not affect my brain negatively.
    One of the side benefits IMO is that since the stevia I use doesn't have an off flavor at low doses but does when used at higher amounts I'm used to things being MUCH less sweet now. Most desserts are sweet overkill so I actually want to eat less of them.

Today..
    B: 2c coffee w/ cream and CO.

D: Baked/broiled bone and skin on chicken breast, and a big pile of veg with a Tbs of butter.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

It was no-ones fault but my own. I knew it would be a problem, but I thought maybe id be OK.
    All good. Ill just let my children finish them off, and try to find some other fat bomb.
    Def don't need to eat for the rest of today though (its nearly 5pm). Might try another longer "half fast" tomorrow and Thursday.
    If I do, I might try having a decent breakfast (over the BP coffee) first.
    I think the crash just happened too, so damn tired now
    Wahhh. Def lesson learnt for me.

argh my mood has gone steadily down hill since that sugar. Seriously, I had thoughts of McDonalds. Thankfully I managed to not but shit.
    I need to have an early night tonight, and hope tomorrow is better.
    It doesn't take much to eff everything up. I was feeling so damn good!

Oh and my candida is back with vengeance. Either its the butter ive been having, or the cream cheese has affected me that badly too? Who knows. But shit.

Do you have any green or oolong tea to drink?

Either of them will help moderate any blood sugar swings you might be having and give you something soothing to do.

Hand in there.

This too shall pass!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

aw that is too cute!
    None of those teas, but plenty of other herbal teas.
    Still feel like I could eat a horse though.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Another 0.6 kg down this past week, 1 cm off hips and 1 cm off waist.
    (I'm not measuring my bust because I get too depressed - that's where I lose first and most, goddamit. *shakes fist at heavens for shrinking boobage*)
    I'm not in ketosis - carbs have been a bit too high the last few days, I suspect - but still feeling pretty good.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde