Page 97 of 209 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 97

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ayla, cream cheese is the easiest thing in the world to make at home, and sooo much tastier.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Ayla, cream cheese is the easiest thing in the world to make at home, and sooo much tastier.
    oooh and how do I do that?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Not TOO bad? Ayla - you're doing great! Look into the mirror and say "Ayla...... YOU ROCK!!!!"
    LOL I am not quite there yet, maybe soon

two links for you....Homemade Cream Cheese (Make Your Own) Recipe | Yummly

and...How to Add More Fat to Your Low Carb Diet for Nutritional Ketosis

I will add the cream cheese recipe to our LCHF recipe team too. Easier to find it there!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Am I the only one who hates tracking? I don't have much experience doing it and I find it really annoying to stop and try and figure out how much of one ingredient I've added to a pot of whatever I'm making for the family and then divide how many servings I've made. Feeling a little grumpy because I've just tracked my breakfast + 1 Tb. of oil and I'm already up to 718 calories and have had 24g of carbs and it wasn't even that satisfying. Oh and I've gained 3 lbs since starting. I don't have much to loose in fact my weight might even be okay if it would just spread itself out a little and not sit right at my belly. Is this what they mean by menopausal weight? I haven't had a period since September.

Please excuse my crankiness.

So if you hate tracking, I used to so I get it-but it does tend to get easier because of remembered foods, all you really need to do is to limit carbs and to a lesser extent protein.

What did you get your carbs from?

I am finding that I don't really need much "meat" of any kind to get to my protein goal. I try to space it out too, so I shoot for no more than 25g per meal of protein and no more than 10g of carb per meal (give or take) I also tend to eat pretty much the same breakfast and lunch every day, so all I have to worry about is dinner.

I can't speak to the menopausal part. Every time I think, ooo I am going into it, I start TOM. There have been reports from others here though that there is an initial gain before the losses start.
    Chris
    Unknown

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I hope you are right about menopausal gain before menopausal loss. I've got the gain part down pat!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sorry, I meant to say that there have been reports that some have gained initially then lost, regardless of their stage of menopause. On a side note, my BFF lost weight when she went into menopause, of course she started out thin.
    Chris
    Unknown

aerie is offline Junior Member
    I'm new to tracking too and it's half interesting - half a pain to remember to do...

I am definitely finding I don't need much meat to meet the protein goal. Today I had leftover chicken and ate more than I should've and now for dinner I'm alotted 3 grams of protein to stay at my goal of 80g! Obviously it will be a higher than usual protein day

I am struggling to find what to eat other than full-fat dairy products to meet my fat goals without going over on protein...

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Look on the LCHF recipes group page. Demuralist just posted a great article about just that.

Sorry, I don't know how to link to it.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.