Page 96 of 209 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 96

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ayla thanks, I think my look great in swimwear goal weight is about 66kg. To be honest not sure if that is the number I plugged into the formula on page one the other day or not. I seem to recall I used 136 lbs but I am pretty sure that may be too low for me. I have a medium frame and used to be 5'10 before I started shrinking not sure how tall I am now 5'9 possibly 5'8 haven't measured in years. Shrinking due to horrible posture but noticed I feel significantly shorter than my friend who says she is 5'10.

I was a size 6/8 at 185 pounds but I build muscle really easily and I used to work out all the time so I had a lot of muscle at the time. Now not nearly as much.

More info. than you asked for lol

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    No worries LOL

OK so:
    66 g protein = 264 calories
    33 g carbs = 132 calories
    rest equals fat.

I think I had to work out my BMR first (google for a calculator), then I minused 500 calories off to get the total calories I would need to have with a deficit.
    God I hope that makes sense and I got it right for you.

Not really a wine drinker, like ever, so no danger of that PB
    I will have to try that recipe too

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Ayla, I sometimes wonder about the "non-food" sources of fat (ie. bullet proof coffee). I concentrate on the food first, then use those fats to hit the macros. But really there isn't much difference in cooking in a T of butter and putting it in my green tea.

Cream cheese is a nice source of fat, I mix it with chopped olives and minced garlic and use it to slather on celery pieces.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    The phone app has a pie chart you can view. On the home screen, press "Daily" near the top. Once the screen changes, click the little pie on the top right. It'll show your pie graph for the day. You can also do this for the week.

If you would rather not use that, like I chose to not to do, google has 2 scripts already available. Go to Extensions again, scroll to the bottom and select "Get more extensions" (or whatever it says) and choose the ones you want. I chose MyFitnessPal Food Diary Percentages. It shows percentages without doing net carbs or requiring you to pay attention to fiber. I like it MUCH better.
    I use the phone app most of the time, but do like the option to see things on the website as well. Thanks for mentioning these. I had the net carb extension showing the graph but installed the other two available. It's great to have options!!

Yesterday was a bit of a higher calorie day for me. I cleaned out our fridge (and attached freezer), pantry and cupboard, tossing most of the non-primal foodstuffs (or bagging them up for donation). Scrubbed the fridge and freezer so they're sparkling, and rearranged the shelves to better accommodate things. I also did a variety of exercises: walking lunges, pullups, pushups, dumbbell rows. No real plan, just something rather than sit around in the afternoon. But then I was HUNGRY! Went over on calories by almost 500! Macros weren't too bad though at 10/17/66.

Have a great week, everyone!

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Ok, results from week one of being back on plan, please remember I had some stomach issues and was not able to eat as well as I would like and definitely "detoxed" my colon:

1/7 SW: 233.8
    1/14 CW: 226

I also ate a lot of inflammatory foods during the holiday (wheat, sugar, some rice), so some of this is inflammation weight. I saw 225 on Sunday morning, but I have come to expect going up after a low before coming back to it. I am hoping to be at 225 by next Monday.

Having a great fatty breakfast, since I am OVER Eggs:

1 c canned coconut milk
    1 avocado
    stevia to taste
    2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Calories 667
    Carbs 27/net 11
    Fat 60
    Protein 8

Still trying to finish it, so I am thinking this mama jama is a breakfast and lunch smoothie!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Yesterday was low on actual food - but I had 3 cream cheese clouds in the evening to make up for it!

1085 calories
    fat - 70%
    protein - 17%
    carbs - 13%

I think thats just too much fat cuz I have a bit of a tummy ache and too many bathroom trips today.

Weight - 179.4

I'm enjoying a wonderful cup of homebrewed broth! burned my mouth on the first slurp - grrrr!

On Dec. 28 I was 185 - today 179 so I think I can safely say I've lost 6 pounds since starting the EMF plan. I'd say thats pretty good for 14 days.

Keep up the pace people we're making great progress!!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I found this:

bone broth - 1 cup = 40 calories, 3 grams fat, 3.6 grams protein, 0 carbs.

In case you're wondering as I have been.

I'm a tracker and I like to get it as close as possible so I know exactly where I am. That way if it isn't working I know what needs to be tweaked. Besides - I love charts and graphs It makes the weight loss process a project!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Ayla, I sometimes wonder about the "non-food" sources of fat (ie. bullet proof coffee). I concentrate on the food first, then use those fats to hit the macros. But really there isn't much difference in cooking in a T of butter and putting it in my green tea.

Cream cheese is a nice source of fat, I mix it with chopped olives and minced garlic and use it to slather on celery pieces.
    I am still wondering lol, but have not yet decided what is right. But I will stick to this way for another 2 weeks like I planned, then re-evaluate
    Ive looked at cream cheese, but they have all got some kind of additives and thickeners, so I decided against buying. I did buy sour cream, which is just cream, so I can use that with stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Ok, results from week one of being back on plan, please remember I had some stomach issues and was not able to eat as well as I would like and definitely "detoxed" my colon:

1/7 SW: 233.8
    1/14 CW: 226
    Woo great results!

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Yesterday was low on actual food - but I had 3 cream cheese clouds in the evening to make up for it!

1085 calories
    fat - 70%
    protein - 17%
    carbs - 13%

I think thats just too much fat cuz I have a bit of a tummy ache and too many bathroom trips today.

Weight - 179.4

I'm enjoying a wonderful cup of homebrewed broth! burned my mouth on the first slurp - grrrr!

On Dec. 28 I was 185 - today 179 so I think I can safely say I've lost 6 pounds since starting the EMF plan. I'd say thats pretty good for 14 days.

Keep up the pace people we're making great progress!!!!!
    Wow you are doing great!

Well I lost 500 g this week (1.1 lbs), and 2 cm off my waist (not quite an inch)
    so in 2 weeks thats 2.1 kg (4.6 lbs) and 5 cm off my waist (almost 2 inches).
    I guess that is not too bad

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not TOO bad? Ayla - you're doing great! Look into the mirror and say "Ayla...... YOU ROCK!!!!"
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter