Page 94 of 209 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 94

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Ayla, I don't know your age, but keep in mind your cycle if you are cycling. This goes for being hungry/putting on a couple lbs.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I am 31, and not due for my next cycle to start for 11 days.
    I shouldn't have worried so much. Tomorrow is the official weigh day, and I know I should stop weighing every day.
    But now I am tracking macros, then I weigh every day, the numbers are really sucking me in and getting me obsessed again.
    This was my main reason for changing to this WOL, as I didn't want to be a slave to the numbers forever.
    But I do know that while I have over 100 lbs to lose, I need to be careful and really make sure I am eating what I need only.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Wow - lots of issues on this thread!

Not losing? Just keep at it - you're body will adjust and start to let go of the pounds as long are you not going over on calories.

Weight bouncing? Yup - yesterday I was at a primal low of 179.2 --- today 180.4. I figured it was due to eating out last night. I ordered a burger with cheese and bacon - sans bun. I'm sure it had more salt than I normally consume - hense the gain this morning. I didn't let it bother me and expect it will be gone tomorrow.

Go to foods are a MUST when working on changing your foods to primal - fat heavy - low carb. You have to have things to eat when you're feeling the need to feed! Whether its hunger or mental cravings.............. having good food to grab sure makes things easier.

I'm on day 13! Still holding with no cheats - and still sticking with my new years resolution.

I made the Cream Cheese Clouds yesterday with stevia .................. I put in too much stevia and they had that nasty fake sugar aftertaste - yuck. So, I softened them up - added another block of cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, 1 tsp vanilla, unsweetened shredded coconut, a little honey, and some dark cocoa powder. YUMMY. Just had a little taste as they are almost done chilling. They are good and they will be a great go to fat bomb for me! I'm excited that have such a yummy treat to eat!

I walked 2 miles today - but skipped the past 2 days due to "life"! busy stuff............ see my journal if you're at all interested in the day to day doings of my life.

Overall its been a great PRIMAL weekend and I'm so pumped! going 13 days with no cheats is a BIG success for me!

Hope you all are doing great too! If not - tomorrow is a new day - set your resolve to stay on track and on target and go for it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for everyone's thoughts on this. I know I'm tired of being sick I'm ready to put it in the past and move on but I guess your right my body maybe behaving oddly. Generally, when I lose weight when sick I don't think it comes right back on. But I guess that could be it but my calories are so low most days. grrr. And I hate the whole "your not eating enough thing but maybe"

I don't have my macro goals in front of me so can't answer that question right now. That 10 grams of sugar was from the 2/3 of a serving of dark chocolate. Since my calories were pitifully low for the day prior to eating dinner I allowed myself an indulgence which gave me 10 grams of sugar. I do count the calories from the coconut oil, actually all my supplements.

Again today my calories were low and I ate dinner just because it was time to eat as my calories were so low. After dinner my calories came in just under 1100 calories. My goal calories for super duper look great in swimwear is 14 hundred something calories. I think my fat calorie goal is 1100. Maybe I should recalculate my numbers, I may be off. But be that as it may be I can't even come close unless I eat when I'm not hungry. Which is something I do not want to do.

The question about hormones was a good one, yes that's a possible explanation. I guess I'll just keep plugging along and see what happens. Higher fat has worked in the past with one day a week going higher carb. It seems to help for some reason if I eat some sweet potato or white potato one day a week. I usually eat it on a day I ride my bike plus walk etc...

I do need more exercise I walk 2-6 miles a day, ride my bike when possible, do a few push ups here or there but nothing serious. ski on the weekends when I can. Don't have any weights but maybe I can figure something out in my free time. Thanks for people's insight, and while I feel for those struggling too I'm glad I'm not alone.

Can you all list your fav high fat, mod protein foods. I would like to compile a list maybe a new thread for people?
    Does anyone mind? Or anyone else can do it.
    I dropped my protein goal to 55 g a day (I am so short, I really could be 55 kg). So just trying to think of how to fit that in. I truly do think the BP coffee has to go. Yes its a fat bomb, but the fact that it is not food, is bothering me a little.
    I bought some smoked salmon to try tomorrow, with sour cream (147 cal, 1g carb (in the sour cream) 10 g fat (wow is that all!), 12 g protein) hmm maybe not the kind of thing I need as a meal. That is for 50 g of smoked salmon and 15g of sour cream. I could probably double that. But that is a whole packet of salmon ($6!!, so an expensive meal), but might be something nice to have sometimes.

Eggs I can't do, but just read they are only 6 g protein each, is that right?
    Can of tuna is 17 g protein

For my fats, I will have to cook my meats in butter, and coconut oil (will vary, not together LOL). When I have veg it will be broc which I can add butter to.

Oh if I am not reaching my carb goal (I rarely do), do I add something to protein or fat? Or leave it at that?). Most days I am not even have 10g of carbs. Prob should have a little more maybe? But I do feel really good.

Primal, what is your weight goal in kg, and I will help if I can

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Excellent post Tomi.

Ayla,
    Daily fluctuations in both weight and hunger are normal for a number of reasons.

Hormones can play a role, variations in sodium intake.

I know that for instance many women get more hungry during the time they ovulate (if you know when that is), and that it's completely normal to start to experience hormonal fluctuations including increased hunger, or specific food cravings, a full week before your TOM commences.

My daily 1 or 2 coffee w/ cream (and sometimes CO) has never made me hungry.
    As a matter of fact I drink it because eating early in the day makes me feel ill. I hate eating breakfast.
    It's an individual issue...
    But I really don't think that is what is going on as lots of people IF with coffee in the morning and is does not promote hunger.
    Relax. Give it a little more time.

I know that it's easy to want things to happen fast... that any bump in the road makes you want to throw up your hands and lose patience. But this isn't a race. It's a journey about being healthy that is going to last the rest of your life. Slow and steady... and things will come together.

I have never lost huge amounts of weight all at once or had that "it just melted off" experience.
    But I have lost a considerable amount of weight slowly at the rate of 1 or 2 lbs a week... and that adds up. And I continue to lose in a way that I find is sustainable for me... I could, and actually intend to, eat this way happily for the rest of my life.

Even better, I've regained much of my health... reducing medications etc.

~Hugs!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla --- I usually cook things in a mix of butter and olive oil. depending on what I'm cooking - the butter helps the food fry and get crispy.

You can also save your bacon grease and cook almost anything in that! Hamburger patties are especially good in bacon fat!

I've been eating 1 whole egg + 2 egg yolks fried in 2 TB butter. when I'm done cooking them I made sure to scrape ALL the yummy browned butter over the top of the eggs! SO VERY GOOD!!! Moderate protein and loads of good fat!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Ayla --- I usually cook things in a mix of butter and olive oil. depending on what I'm cooking - the butter helps the food fry and get crispy.

You can also save your bacon grease and cook almost anything in that! Hamburger patties are especially good in bacon fat!

I've been eating 1 whole egg + 2 egg yolks fried in 2 TB butter. when I'm done cooking them I made sure to scrape ALL the yummy browned butter over the top of the eggs! SO VERY GOOD!!! Moderate protein and loads of good fat!

Tomi, this morning when I was thinking of ways to up the fat grams, I remembered you do this with eggs. I've been using 1TBS, but I upped it to 2 with two scrambled eggs. Oh so good! I had a latte along with it made with HWC, coconut creamer and coconut oil and felt smugly decadent.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
    Tomi, this morning when I was thinking of ways to up the fat grams, I remembered you do this with eggs. I've been using 1TBS, but I upped it to 2 with two scrambled eggs. Oh so good! I had a latte along with it made with HWC, coconut creamer and coconut oil and felt smugly decadent.
    excellent!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation