Page 93 of 209 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 93

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    Anyone not losing or am I the only one? I have been sick so my calories have been super low for over a week. Initially, I was steadily losing every day, I guess a fever will do that for you. Once I started eating again the weight is creeping up. Up 1.6 pounds over 3 days. I have been under my calorie goals every day. I am also doing the 2 tbs of coconut oil as flavorless calories ala SLD. Yesterday, I broke my rule of only eating if my stomach is growling hungry and ate dinner just because it was dinner time. That brought me close to my calorie goal which is somewhere around 1400 calories a day. My totals for yesterday were
    Cals
    1302 Fat 88 g Cholesterol 551 mg Sodium 596 mg Carbs 34 g Fiber 7 g Protein 34 g Sugars 10 g

Fat 74.4% carbs and protein both 12.78%

The day before only eating when my stomach was grumbling
    Cals 690 Fat 50 g Cholesterol 661 mg Sodium 685 mg Carbs 16 g Fiber 4 g Protein 44 g Sugars 8 g
    Fat was 65% Protein 25% carbs 9%

My totals for the past week while sick

week (01/06 - 01/12)
    Cals Fat Chol Sodium Carbs Fiber Protein Sugars
    4195 310 2034 2420 87 31 128 24

Don't be discouraged. My weight bounced up two pounds the first few days, and I was being really strict. It'll go!

And to everyone struggling with morning grogginess - yes, that's happening to me too. I can barely function, and mornings are my busiest (and usually most energetic) times. I perk up finally in the afternoons. I don't really like it! Hoping this passes. And I downed a TBS of CO last night right before bed and learned it's not a good thing either.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Ayla, you do realize that weight can fluctuate by as much as 5 lbs in a day, right? Long-term gains and losses are what matter. Go for longer periods (maybe two weeks or even a month) between weigh-ins and you'll have a better picture how your weight is doing over the long term instead of obsessing over .5 kg every day or two. That only adds to your stress which isn't helpful to the cause of weightloss to begin with!
    Thanks DR, I know, but its hard not to get caught up in the numbers at times I will try harder to not weigh.

Speaking of bone broth. How long is it safe to keep in the fridge and use it before you should chuck it?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Thanks DR, I know, but its hard not to get caught up in the numbers at times I will try harder to not weigh.

Speaking of bone broth. How long is it safe to keep in the fridge and use it before you should chuck it?
    Freeze it as ice cubes to toss into dishes as a quick, fatty ad-lobbed bullion cube. Lasts longer than you'll need at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Freeze it as ice cubes to toss into dishes as a quick, fatty ad-lobbed bullion cube. Lasts longer than you'll need at that point.
    Oh great idea. I am drinking it, as well as using it as a vessel to give my dog herbal medicine (which tastes bad!), so was trying to think of ways to keep a small amount. Need more icecube trays I think.
    I bought 2 stainless steel ones. But I guess I can use the plastic ones for bone broth.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am one of the slow adjusters. IF makes me really ill. I am doing well by slowly lowering the carbs. Tinny taste and mild headache tell me I am close or in NK. The first time I did this I was sick for at least 6 weeks, had just jumped right in to VLC, not good times. Much better this time around.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Re: morning grogginess - Yes, absolutely I have experienced this! I was never a morning person as a teenager and it never got any better as I got older. Even when I found I didn't need 12 hrs of sleep a night, I was constantly tired and pretty much a danger to myself in the morning. Stumbling around, uncoordinated, not thinking clearly etc. etc. It was ridiculous. It wasn't until I forced a sleep schedule on myself about a year ago that it improved. My cortisol levels were tested and weren't that off, but apparently enough for me to be sleepy in the morning and awake in the evening. I made myself go to bed (with the help of 5-HTP, for sleep & depression) no later than 10:30 PM every night for a couple of months and was able to get up as early as 6:30 AM with little trouble within a few months.

How that applies to other people, I can't say, but that was my experience.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Man, my little calorie count app is trying to starve me today. I had a hot dog, half a cup of chili and sour cream and cheese.. Was planning to have that again later. Well started feeling slo mo and figured it was electrolites and since I don't have bones to make broth or bullion I thought I might have an avacado with salt on it instead. So I ate that and added it to my log and looked at analysis and I was over by more than 200. Couldn't see how that could be right so I went back and looked through everything and I had doubled the hotdog and chili and sour cream already because I plan on eating again but Then I had changed it back because I thought that I might not have that again after all. But apparently it only changed the amount of the food back but not the calories of macros or anything so it was left as though I had eaten double what I had. So I had to go in there and put them in again with correct amounts and remove the previous entries because it wouldn't fix the volume on the previous entries. So anyway I was able to fix it and also found I had some beef broth so I had that as well which added some Morton's light salt to it. I'm still 50 cal low and I need some more protein but not sure what to eat. Here are my totals for today.

Calories 1,247 (1,300)
    Carbs 34(33)
    Protein 46(65)
    Fat 106(101)

Y'all have problems with too much protein, it seems, but I tend towards too little. And this is probably why I feel hungry (sane, ignorable hungry) right now. Was thinking about eating an egg later but that still won't get me up to 65. Any ideas? I may just go ahead and eat a couple eggs. I will go over my calories and fat but I am shooting for the low end as it is.
    Last edited by AshleyL; 01-13-2013 at 03:28 PM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Today... -1 lb.

B: 1 c. coffee w/ cream.

D. Garlic and herb, grilled, rib on pork loin chop. Like a little pork rib eye, nicely marbled with fat and everything. I love my butcher.
    To accent this lovely I made a black cherry and balsamic reduction with garlic and thyme. Spicy from a generous grind of black pepper added during the reduction. Simple and so delicious draped over the top.
    Yeah, I know.
    Probably a bit on the carb high side today.

Also, a salad...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Argh today even though I am not hungry, I am having the desire to eat everything in sight!. Thankfully nothing non-primal in my house, but I am not giving in to that urge, but its very weird for me.
    Anyone else had this lately?
    I wonder if coffee causes problems like this?
    I am reluctant to change anything till 1st Feb, as I really want to stick with one thing for 30 days.

Does any one know/think/maybe guess LOL, that instead of BP coffee you are having the same amount of calories, and macros in "real food", that it can change how you lose weight? Hard to explain what I mean but hope someone gets me

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Ayla - Great Job for you and your kids.

Chris - Thanks, unfortunately, I want the pie chart and also use google chrome. I also count total carbs. I just put in custom goals in the goal section. That seems to work fine.

So far I have not had trouble keeping protein in range, but at 1850 cals, I get more protein than most of you.
    The phone app has a pie chart you can view. On the home screen, press "Daily" near the top. Once the screen changes, click the little pie on the top right. It'll show your pie graph for the day. You can also do this for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Darn Tampermonkey says it is running the script, but I don't see anything. Oh well.
    I had to use IE to start the install. When it asked me if I wanted to run or save, I chose save as and saved it to my desk top. Then I opened Chrome, clicked the settings button to the top right, scrolled down to tools, selected extensions. I shrunk my page and dragged the saved file onto the extensions screen, went to MFP and it was there. You MUST have fiber as an option on MFP or it will not work.

If you would rather not use that, like I chose to not to do, google has 2 scripts already available. Go to Extensions again, scroll to the bottom and select "Get more extensions" (or whatever it says) and choose the ones you want. I chose MyFitnessPal Food Diary Percentages. It shows percentages without doing net carbs or requiring you to pay attention to fiber. I like it MUCH better.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)