Page 92 of 209 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 92

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have had a few days that I consider in the zone, had a start of carb flu drank boullion and kicked it out quickly. My mouth has that tinny taste right now, thinkin I am in. Still not doing the scale, although I admit I was a tad curious this morning.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    morning all - I hope that you are all feeling well today.
    For those of you not losing and/or struggling with feeling hungry - I initially boiled 6 eggs first thing in the morning, and mashed them (while still warm) with HEAPS of butter and salt. This then became my 'go to' snack during the day. I also bought pork belly and sliced it as thin as possible, baked it on a moderate oven for about an hour - until really crispy. Once it was completely cool, I put in a tupperware container. This would have to be the best snack for a day of munchies.
    It might be that you need to give your body a chance to just eat whenever, until satiated.....and once that fat and protein start to satiate you, then fiddle with macros etc....
    I found it an uphill battle to control sugar cravings etc.... while transitioning, however I didn't succumb because of those two little tricks !!!
    Good luck

Ayla you absolutely rock - well done you !!!!

Primal 123 - keep at it, you will have changes happening in your body. And you need to celebrate these small changes. as someone said previously - Rome wasn't built in a day !!!

Finally I have had some success over this last week, so I am absolutely stoked !!!! I will continue with this WOE for the moment, and hopefully can shed the 20kgs I need to shed.
    So I am down 1.6kg, have lost 2" off bust, 1" off waist, 3" off hips, and 1 " off thighs.
    Yeehaa.......
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal 123...

You've just been sick so give it a bit to re-adjust.

Also, is it possible that your TOM is approaching?
    This happens to me sometimes. No loss or a small 1-3 lb gain over a week or so and I'm all WTH.
    And then TOM pops up and I'm like... "Ohhhhhh... THAT!" LOL
    The weight always disappears again about 3 days into TOM. It's just fluid retention.

Plays havoc with my brain too unfortunately.
    If I'm paying close attention I can divert it a bit/minimize it with some extra medication and stricter eating... but hormonal water retention is still a fact of life for me and affects my medical condition somewhat no matter what I do.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

aerie is offline Junior Member
    "I initially boiled 6 eggs first thing in the morning, and mashed them (while still warm) with HEAPS of butter and salt."

This sounds so good! I just realized this thread existed.. I just joined the forum, after reading for months - I am doing this basically the same - high fat, moderate/lower protein, very low carb - generally I'm eating 70% fat or a bit higher.

Anyone experience INTENSE morning grogginess? As in, an almost inability to get yourself out of bed?

My child gets up early and I used to be able to drag myself up and out of bed before 6 with her every day, down a huge glass of water, and get going. Make coffee, play, etc. This was while low fat high carb.

But while eating high fat now, it's like I'm drugged. I can barely force my eyes open let alone control my limbs and make my body get up. It takes at least an hour of in/out of consciousness before I manage to get myself upright.

It's really odd and really intense and I have no idea what's up with that...

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    wah the scales went up 1/2 kg over night (1.1 lbs). I don't understand.
    Damn scales and numbers. I have been meeting my macros.
    Maybe its the BP coffee?
    Tomorrow is the official second weigh in, so I guess ill see. I do feel smaller though.
    My TOM is not due for over a week so can' t be that.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Aerie, how long have you been eating this way? Could be just carb flu, I wake up feeling refreshed each day now.

aerie is offline Junior Member
    That's true, I am only back on track for day 7 today - and before that I first went low carb only in October, but not done properly at all... I wasn't sure if it could be the low carb flu thing since it was only really in the morning?

I read something on paleohacks maybe about cortisol levels and low carb and sleep cycles.. I'll have to check that out more when I have time this evening..

Thanks I look forward to waking up refreshed one day soon!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Ayla, you do realize that weight can fluctuate by as much as 5 lbs in a day, right? Long-term gains and losses are what matter. Go for longer periods (maybe two weeks or even a month) between weigh-ins and you'll have a better picture how your weight is doing over the long term instead of obsessing over .5 kg every day or two. That only adds to your stress which isn't helpful to the cause of weightloss to begin with!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    aerieI'm having a similar experience. Yesterday I fell asleep in the afternoon, not something I normally. I've also been waking up groggy in the morning.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    aerieI'm having a similar experience. Yesterday I fell asleep in the afternoon, not something I normally. I've also been waking up groggy in the morning.
    Yeah, sounds like your body is still adjusting. Your energy levels will stable when fat burning becomes the norm. Moderate exercise and fasting (either long term or IF) can help speed the adaptation along, but even then, you have to give it a few days to adjust.

Your body is screaming for energy that it isn't yet aware it has in the fats you're eating. It can take as much as two weeks or even more for some people to adjust if you are eating regular meals. IFing and exercise help prime the body for fat burning by giving it no choice but to learn to utilize the fats more quickly less you have no energy for anything. But speeding the adaptation along like this is not always the right way to approach it. Some people can take the brute force approach (I'm one of 'em if it comes to it) very easily, other people need to adjust more gradually.