Page 90 of 209 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 90

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Way to go on the scale low Calee
    Tricky one G, I hope you can work out what keeps you awake soon. Lacking in sleep is awful.
    Zee, sounds like a delicious day of food. I have a food processor, which is useful occasionally, but I get the most out my stick blender for mayo, and BP coffee.
    It is tough trying to get it all right Shelli. I seem to be able to hit my targets with a BP coffee, and a big meal later in the day. If I need more, I have some MCT oil.
    Geo I think going over my a small amount would be OK, not sure how to make it slightly less without losing too much though.
    Oh that sucks Jenn, hope you are feeling much better very soon, and a bit calmer.
    Thanks for that link Chris I will do that to mine too.

Argh these numbers sure can be tricky alright.

Aw Ashley can I come and live with you? I want a cow to have cream straight from her

That BBQ we went to that I nearly didn’t go to as I wanted to avoid food dramas, particularly my children, as I knew there would be birthday cake, and additive filled sausages etc. Were asked just to bring a green salad, which I did. Did not want to offend host by bringing our own meat, so figured id just let it go.

Got there and the table was filled with chips, and supermarket dips. Thankfully there was carrot sticks and fruit too. I managed to distract my children from eating too many chips, but then the meat started being cooked. Out came the TON of breads. And tomato sauce. Of course my children wanted the bread and sauce. I managed to get my oldest to eat steak and salad, but my youngest did have a piece of bread and some sauce. Unfortunately hardly any meat

Then came deserts, here is me thinking there would be birthday cake, as she asked if it would be OK if she got one. I said it was fine. But then there was cheesecake, and some other cake, and meringues. It was a serious desert overload. Thankfully I managed to just give my children a small piece of cake plus some fruit salad.

Then the rest of the afternoon they played fooze ball with the other children and some adults. Then my oldest had a meltdown about losing, and so he got upset and hit his brother. Then he started screaming.

It does not take much garbage food to affect them. Hopefully they will learn as they get older why its not good for us. Not looking forward to my youngest’s next poo

I did not touch a single food item there, I waited till I got home and cooked my chicken thigh, bacon and had my homemade guacamole with it. Delicious!
    I call this a super victory for me, not touching that food was huge. I just sipped from my water bottle all day. People asked about it, especially since I was steering my boys away from the crap food. Most seemed interested, but I got the "oh but I could never give up my bread" blah blah. I heard others saying oh I have no self control. And most stuffed their faces, and said oh I need a sleep now. I am so glad I did not do that to myself.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    That BBQ we went to that I nearly didn’t go to as I wanted to avoid food dramas, particularly my children, as I knew there would be birthday cake, and additive filled sausages etc. Were asked just to bring a green salad, which I did. Did not want to offend host by bringing our own meat, so figured id just let it go.

Got there and the table was filled with chips, and supermarket dips. Thankfully there was carrot sticks and fruit too. I managed to distract my children from eating too many chips, but then the meat started being cooked. Out came the TON of breads. And tomato sauce. Of course my children wanted the bread and sauce. I managed to get my oldest to eat steak and salad, but my youngest did have a piece of bread and some sauce. Unfortunately hardly any meat

Then came deserts, here is me thinking there would be birthday cake, as she asked if it would be OK if she got one. I said it was fine. But then there was cheesecake, and some other cake, and meringues. It was a serious desert overload. Thankfully I managed to just give my children a small piece of cake plus some fruit salad.

Then the rest of the afternoon they played fooze ball with the other children and some adults. Then my oldest had a meltdown about losing, and so he got upset and hit his brother. Then he started screaming.

It does not take much garbage food to affect them. Hopefully they will learn as they get older why its not good for us. Not looking forward to my youngest’s next poo

I did not touch a single food item there, I waited till I got home and cooked my chicken thigh, bacon and had my homemade guacamole with it. Delicious!
    I call this a super victory for me, not touching that food was huge. I just sipped from my water bottle all day. People asked about it, especially since I was steering my boys away from the crap food. Most seemed interested, but I got the "oh but I could never give up my bread" blah blah. I heard others saying oh I have no self control. And most stuffed their faces, and said oh I need a sleep now. I am so glad I did not do that to myself.

Good for you, Ayla! I really hate the attitude some people take with our kids that we don't know what's best for them.

We were invited to friends' right before Christmas, for pizza. I was going to take a big salad with meat in it, then decided "what the heck". I KNEW what that junk would do to me, but I ate it anyway. It'd be easier if we had someone we could blame it on, other than ourselves.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Tomi - great news! I'm glad you've turned it around.

I am also having trouble keeping my protein ratio sufficiently down; it's not easy. Went to the farmers' market this morning to stock up on (mmm ... proteiny) grass-fed steaks and eggs. Oh, and fresh berries. Uh-oh. I can categorically state I will be going over my carb ratio today because there's no way I'm limiting myself to 1/2 a cup of those things. (Why did we start this challenge in the middle of berry season, why, why?) At least they're good primal food.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Chris! This is awesome. Required some additional steps b/c I use Google Chrome for my browser and it's got higher security standards in place than IE, etc, but I got it to work. What's funny is Google Chrome already had two extensions available to add percentages to MFP, but not the pie chart. I want the pie chart.

I don't think I'll be able to do this at work (government computer, MUCH greater security measures to bypass and I'm just not that smart or that interested in risking my job) so I'll probably still have to use my phone for the chart while I'm at work. No biggie. Thanks for the heads up!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Only thing I DON'T like about it is that the table goes away when I ditch fiber. I'm not interested in net carbs. My total carbs for today was 23, so knowing my net carbs was 20 isn't really all that important to me. Maybe I'll use one of those instead. I won't have the chart, but will have the percentages, which would probably be ok.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I now have the pie chart on MFP yay!
    Avocado is coming up as 4 g of carb for a whole one, surely not that low?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    That is the net carbs after the fiber is subtracted.... they have more fiber than you think!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ayla - Great Job for you and your kids.

Chris - Thanks, unfortunately, I want the pie chart and also use google chrome. I also count total carbs. I just put in custom goals in the goal section. That seems to work fine.

So far I have not had trouble keeping protein in range, but at 1850 cals, I get more protein than most of you.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Anyone not losing or am I the only one? I have been sick so my calories have been super low for over a week. Initially, I was steadily losing every day, I guess a fever will do that for you. Once I started eating again the weight is creeping up. Up 1.6 pounds over 3 days. I have been under my calorie goals every day. I am also doing the 2 tbs of coconut oil as flavorless calories ala SLD. Yesterday, I broke my rule of only eating if my stomach is growling hungry and ate dinner just because it was dinner time. That brought me close to my calorie goal which is somewhere around 1400 calories a day. My totals for yesterday were
    Cals
    1302 Fat 88 g Cholesterol 551 mg Sodium 596 mg Carbs 34 g Fiber 7 g Protein 34 g Sugars 10 g

Fat 74.4% carbs and protein both 12.78%

The day before only eating when my stomach was grumbling
    Cals 690 Fat 50 g Cholesterol 661 mg Sodium 685 mg Carbs 16 g Fiber 4 g Protein 44 g Sugars 8 g
    Fat was 65% Protein 25% carbs 9%

My totals for the past week while sick

week (01/06 - 01/12)
    Cals Fat Chol Sodium Carbs Fiber Protein Sugars
    4195 310 2034 2420 87 31 128 24
    Last edited by Primal123; 01-13-2013 at 05:05 AM.