Page 9 of 209 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 9

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    +1 Tomi. Don't Leave.
    FWIW I had my Gall Bladder out 12 years ago. 65% is fine. Later, if you want, add more fat slowly. I think it takes time to get used to a change like this. Are you sure it wasn't the cookies? lol

Hi Shelli, We have almost the same stats. Good Luck.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    EMF Report Week 2

Lost 1/2 a pound, 3 more inches off my core, Still no binges.

Week 1, I lost 10.5 lbs and 3 inches.

I expect that the volume of LCHF food + wine that I plan to eat for xmas will cause some bloating. Good thing the next official weigh in is not until next Sunday.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    No binges? That's awesome (even better than the inches - talk about added bonus).

I had my gall bladder out as well. I've been able to slowly adopt.
    -- Ruth

Tomi - I think NK is usually 65%+, so you're right in the guidelines
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have been a tad low on the protein and a tad high on fat as well as calories. I am not trying to be real strict with calories just really trying to get the ratios for now. yesterday they were 80%/ 11%/9% (f/p/c) on 2016 calories.

So the number I shoot for in fat is 140g I hit 181g, the number for protein is 70g I hit 58g, and my carb goal is below 35g (net) and it was 46g minus 23g fiber so 23g Net.

The first thing I will do is to go back to just having cream in my morning green tea and not in my afternoon teas. I also need to watch the cream cheese thing, so yummy, so loaded with fat. that should be enough on the fat side. I am adding a half scoop of whey to my breakfast and that should take care of the protein.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I feel like my protein is a little low too (this from the girl who was eating, easily 100 g, per day). Sigh. This is a bit more challenging then I would think... Too high, too low... [Of course, I'm feeling so good, that I'm not really complaining...just don't want to lose the LBM I already have}
    -- Ruth

the other thing I am going to give a try today is the egg baked in avocado for lunch. I have been doing an avocado with 1T mayo and a sprinkle of pecans. I think nutritionally I would be better off with eggs baked in each half and sprinkled with parm.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Good morning everyone,

+1 for Tomi sticking around

This morning I woke up craving bacon! So I cooked some up. (Whole Foods applewood smoked bacon) Wow! Did it taste good. I had some brie on the side and a small glass of fresh juice (I made it myself, pineapple, blueberry, cucumber, celery. I'm trying to load up on the phytonutrients for these first couple of weeks.)

Mood wise, yesterday, I felt like I was even closer back to normal than I've been for a very long time. And physically, I felt a lot better, the bloating is going away, and my digestion system feels like it's starting to work again. Happy day.

happy dance for digestive systems working!!
    Chris
    Unknown

Lissee, love have you have your stats in your signature. I may have to borrow the layout
    -- Ruth

Page 9 of 209 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast