Page 89 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 89

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    * shakes fist at protein for always being higher than it should be *

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Must be very clever to get the fat up and keep the protein moderate, takes lots of practice apparently.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I just signed up for MFP and it says I should have 250 grams carbs and 45 protein and 38 fat if I want to lose weight. WTF?!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    I sank my own battleship by making an all-meat chili that shoots a protein-laden cannonball right through my numbers. Oh well. I kept it under 90 at least.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I sank my own battleship by making an all-meat chili that shoots a protein-laden cannonball right through my numbers. Oh well. I kept it under 90 at least.

Soooo....are you talking about macro ratios or just telling us nicely that it makes you gassy? :P
    (Sorry. This high-fat regime makes me feel sassy.)

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I LOVE my food processor, but I also cook a lot. I use it for everything. I make coconut butter. I rice veggies (like cauliflower). I make my (primal) pancake batter. I shred meat that is a little tough (DH has braces and mom has teeth issues).

I don't have any good suggestions. I have a cheap one from Walmart that has lasted amazing long considering its use. I would one day like a VitaMix.
    Thanks. I think I'll pick one up. The Cuisinart is highly rated by Consumer Reports and has excellent user ratings as well. Hopefully it will last me a good long time.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    backing off on the meat portions is really hard!!! but an absolute must to keep those macros in check.

I made the cream cheese clouds. I used Stevia - and probably used too much. I think I will soften them up and mix in another 8 oz of cream cheese to cut the sweet........... and add enough cocoa powder to make them chocolaty! The stevia is too strong and has that fake sweetener afterbite. I hate that! So.................. not loving them right now - but I think I might when I'm done tweaking.

Went out for dinner after shopping for a washer/dryer and a car for my son. I had 2 armadillo eggs (deep fried pepper jack cheese with a peice of white chicken in the middle), and a bacon burger sans bun, with a small bit of sweet potato fries.

tally for the day:
    calories - 1323
    fat - 65%
    protein - 20%
    carbs - 13%

the fried cheese and the sw.potato got me on carbs.

I'll be curious to see what this does to the scales tomorrow.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I start every morning with two cups of coffee with a good amount of raw cream from our cow.. so I get the fat going in the right direction first off

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    B: 1 c. coffee w/ cream and CO.

D: More steak. Sauteed some red and green peppers, sweet yellow onions, and the steak to re-heat it with some garlic, some cumin, and some chipotle powder for spice. Made a salad with romaine, tomato, half an avo, sour cream, some shredded cheddar... piled that steak, peppers and onions on top, squirted with some lime juice, tossed a bunch of chopped cilantro at it, and sprinkled it with some chopped red onion. BAM! Fajita salad. Nom.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I bought a bag of leafy salad mix today, the kind I generally buy at Woolworths'. Somewhere along the way this bag lost the "tender and sweet" plot. I felt like some sort of ruminant trying to eat the stuff. I think tomorrow the small amount of red leaf lettuce is going to get jettisoned (and even that was tough!) and I'll try saute-ing what's left.