Page 88 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 88

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    How about making a soup with the broccolli Shelli, and adding coconut cream or butter or such ???? And I know what you are saying about the meat. I too love meat, but this higher fat is really curbing the old appetite - this time !!!

I think I'll give soup a try, Gwamma. That sounds delicious! Of course it's HOT here in NSW but if I can drink coffee I can certainly eat soup!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    yes I did think about the heat over there, however I am still have 1 hot meal per day, so I suppose its no different having hot soup, hot bacon and eggs, hot pork belly..... you get my drift LOL
    I have tried a few mishy mashy soups with whatever veges, salt, garlic, onions and coconut cream. The coconut cream is so filling that you end up having the smallest bowl...anyway good luck, and have fun with the combinations
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Do any of you find that your fat macros seem to go slightly higher than what they should? Mine are supposed to be at 136, but today they ended up at 151. Is that too much? Everything else is spot on though.
    Georgette

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I have been tending toward a bit higher fat than my goals, but still feel thinner (rings are spinning)

NZ, the most successful thing I did for my sleep was to create a pattern that I duplicate exactly every single night. Brushing teeth, washing face, etc. I also listen to a sleep meditation which helps. On those occasions that I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep I will repeat the sequence. works like a charm. I think I am going to start adding a tsp of coconut oil in my night time tea and see what that does.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    thanx Demuralist, I do try and keep my routine the same, but it might actually have changed a wee bit. The other thing that I am wondering about is - am I drinking enough water in this heat ????

heres hoping tonight will be better
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I have been tending toward a bit higher fat than my goals, but still feel thinner (rings are spinning)
    This makes me feel better. Thanks.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    CONGRATULATIONS TOMI!! FINALLY!

TOM started today... ugh. I feel horrible! I haven't had this bad of cramps in SOOOO many years. I seriously feel like I'm having full blown contractions. Biggest change in my system this month apparently b/c things are SO different this month than the months prior. I'd elaborate, but not sure it's appropriate for such an open, browsed forum. Let's just say I think the hormones have finally started to regulate b/c it's more "normal" than it has been.

Anyhow, TOM explains my uncontrollable sugar cravings. I never acted on them thanks to my desire to remain in ketosis, but boy was it tough! I couldn't figure out why I was craving so much sugar when the cravings never hit at the start of the low carb thing. I am glad to now know it's b/c of TOM. Hopefully next month will be different.

But I know one thing is for sure, these cramps have turned me into the shortest tempered bitch on the block. My poor kids didn't stand a chance today. Please tell me this WOE will kill the crazy mood swings associated with TOM. I have never been so moody on TOM before. EVER. It's almost like PMDD instead of PMS.

UGH... how many carbs in White Zin???
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone made the fat bombs in the recipes section without Stevia? Stevia and I dont get along, and I'm not real friendly with other such sweeteners. Looks like there'd be plenty of sweetness without.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    OMG!!!! A huge thank you to RMS!!! She posted a recipe for cheesy pepperoni, and I started to roam the site. There is a page there on how to configure MFP to show Net carbs (I am probably the only one who does, but whatever) it also explains how to get the MFP to show percentages! AND to add a pie chart at the bottom of the page!!! (can you tell I am excited?)....Configuring MyFitnessPal for Keto Success

My TOM's are getting easier, not sure if it was EMF or moving toward menopause.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
    Has anyone made the fat bombs in the recipes section without Stevia? Stevia and I dont get along, and I'm not real friendly with other such sweeteners. Looks like there'd be plenty of sweetness without.
    I say try making it without. Not everything has to be sweet. I eat coconut without sweet and cream cheese without sweet. Why would you need to add it?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.