Page 87 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 87

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow everyone is doing great
    I too am enjoying my chicken bone broth I make, I do add a bit of salt when I reheat it to eat.

Unsure about the sleeping thing G, someone else should have some advice real soon.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, I'm so excited for you! Your 12 days of commitment have rewarded you! Hallelujah!!

I have been exasperated but finally saw a number under 149 for the first time in a month. It makes me so resolved to stick to my New Years commitment to stay away from all grains.

We can do this!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Cutting out the alcohol plus upping the fat really seems to be working for you, Tomi. Congratulations!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Wow everyone is doing great

Unsure about the sleeping thing G, someone else should have some advice real soon.
    Thanx Ayla, you are such an inspiration, and so supportive ! keep at it
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Aw thanks I try

What do you do before bed? Watch tv? Or use computer?
    Maybe try only reading or something?
    Too much tv and computer stimulates me too much before bed sometimes.

I usually fall asleep reading, but this week I seem to be quite amped at bedtime. I am wondering if its the oil ???, or the weightloss????
    Really not sure. Hopefully tonight will be better !!! oh and it was hot last night, however i did the peppermint oil on the back of the neck, and that cooled me down beautifully....so....??????

...small steps....

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Yay Tomi! I am excited for you.

I had oopsie rolls with sausage, mushrooms and pepper jack cheese for breakfast with a cup of coffee with primal non dairy creamer. Lunch was random of macadamia nuts, cream cheese cloud, egg salad and a handful of small dill pickles. I am having a glass of red wine now... Planning a dinner of local grass fed sirloin with steamed broccoli, one more cloud for dessert.

So happy I found a local market for grass fed beef. Have two more steaks in the freezer, local bison too. Going to order half a cow I think... Much cheaper that way and we have the freezer space.

Question: what do you all think of a food processor? I mean, do you see them as a necessity or just a nice convenience... Or unnecessary entirely? Any particular recommendations? Looking at the cuisinart models but not sure what I might really want. Maybe a cheaper brand would be fine. Hmm...

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Question: what do you all think of a food processor? I mean, do you see them as a necessity or just a nice convenience... Or unnecessary entirely? Any particular recommendations? Looking at the cuisinart models but not sure what I might really want. Maybe a cheaper brand would be fine. Hmm...
    I LOVE my food processor, but I also cook a lot. I use it for everything. I make coconut butter. I rice veggies (like cauliflower). I make my (primal) pancake batter. I shred meat that is a little tough (DH has braces and mom has teeth issues).

I don't have any good suggestions. I have a cheap one from Walmart that has lasted amazing long considering its use. I would one day like a VitaMix.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Finally getting the carbs in line with ratios thanks to coconut milk replacing regular milk. Finally coming to terms with the amount of protein I can eat, which is less than I'd like because I lurve meat. It's the FAT that is hard to hit. I was just looking at my totals on Sparkpeople and really only have one meal to go, plus maybe another coffee...and there's no way I'm gonna hit 158 grams without knocking back a TBS or two just as-is.

Also....200 grams of broccoli is a LOT of broccoli. Even with a TBS of delicious butter, I can't eat all that broc.

How about making a soup with the broccolli Shelli, and adding coconut cream or butter or such ???? And I know what you are saying about the meat. I too love meat, but this higher fat is really curbing the old appetite - this time !!!

...small steps....