Page 86 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 86

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    dressing was made from 10% fat greek yogurt, sour cream, homemade bacon-mayonnaise, hwc, smashed pasted garlic, herbs, and blue cheese(you know, a spoon of this and a spoon of that until it has that zing!)... It was left really thick, not pourable at all like dressing. I kind of dipped my fork in it on the side of my plate then pick up bites of my salad.
    Also, a chunk of a rare porterhouse steak shared with husband, and a side of steamed broccoli.
    I used extra of the super yummy dressing to dip the steak in.

want!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    B: 2c. coffee w/ cream and CO.
    I do like the CO. Strange the energizing effect it has.

D: Small romaine salad w/ 3 cherry lg tomatos, a couple little carrots, a couple slices of green pepper, a few red onion rings, liberal shredded cheddar cheese, and some crumbled bacon.
    Dressing was made from 10% fat greek yogurt, sour cream, homemade bacon-mayonnaise, HWC, smashed pasted garlic, herbs, and blue cheese(you know, a spoon of this and a spoon of that until it has that ZING!)... it was left really thick, not pourable at all like dressing. I kind of dipped my fork in it on the side of my plate then pick up bites of my salad.

Also, a chunk of a rare porterhouse steak shared with husband, and a side of steamed broccoli.
    I used extra of the super yummy dressing to dip the steak in.

That dressing is droolworthy. Oh my lord!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
    That dressing is droolworthy. Oh my lord!
    ill say!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I made an important discovery about electrolytes. You may remember that on Thursday I woke up with a headache and nausea. I was also exhausted due to having only 3-4 hrs of sleep. I took tylenol and suffered through the morning. The headache did not go away. At lunch, I had my usual daily bouillon (1 cube). The headache disappeared immediately. Although I still felt tired, I did not feel sick anymore.

FF to this morning. I woke up with a headache a little nausea and feeling distinctly foggy. I slept 7+ hrs last night, so I knew this must be "carb flu". I immediately had a cup of bouillon and it all went away. The connection between both of these days is that I worked out at the gym the evening before.

Conclusion: My body needs 2 doses, cubes etc. of bouillon the day after a hard workout. I believe that there are different stages of carb flu. One stage happens when first entering ketosis and includes carbohydrate withdrawal and electrolyte imbalance. The other can happen anytime your ketogenic body develops an electrolyte imbalance. This is why people describe feeling like crap even months into a ketogenic program. Dr Attia still takes 1-2 cups of bouillon as a supplement years into his ketogenic program. He continues to take it even on days where higher carb may take him out of ketosis. For me, bouillon will continue to be a part of my daily intake.

PS Apparently, you can do the same thing by adding a natural salt (abt. 1000mg sodium) to hot water if you want to avoid the bad stuff in commercial bouillon. Bone broth with added salt is also recommended. (My N=1 has shown me that I do not get the same benefit from doing this, however. Don't know why.)
    Dr Attia feels that the dose of MSG in one cup of bouillon is so tiny, the benefits outweigh the negatives.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have a crock pot of bone broth brewing right now.

So yesterday I made the cream cheese clouds with coconut. I will not be doing that again. overate these by a lot.

Today is another new day!

Getting home from work I start looking for something, so I am going to try the CO in my tea (whipped to see if that reduces the slick on top) and or a cup of bone broth. I don't need a snack, and I am not a good snacker, I just eat too much.

STATS:
    Calories: 2175
    Carbs 33g (goal 35) 5%
    Fat 201g (goal 140) 81%
    Protein 77g (goal 70g) 14%

Technically 2100 calories is still low enough for me to lose fat, and my percentages are good, so I am not going to fret these 2 days and just work harder at inching those numbers down.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I made bone broth yesterday and will be enjoying a cup later today! And I have all the ingredients at the ready to make the cream cheese clouds! they are on the counter softening as I type!!!

I have a huge victory to shout out! I finally got to 179.2 this morning! I've been stuck in the low 180's for MONTHS! I'm so pleased to report that this HFLC is working wonders! This is day 12 - and no cheats at all. I'm sticking my new years resolution (see my signature) and I'm feeling good.

I'm thinking when I get to the lower 170's I will be moving down a size in my jeans - and will be able to comfortably wear my size L tops! Yeah! I'm so danged excited I don't know what to do!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Yay, Tomi!!

I am not getting on a scale until the 15th but my jeans are falling down and my fat is getting squishy. Cross your fingers!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Just to report, Clint and I had to attend a financial seminar this morning as part of getting our bankruptcy discharged. Anywho, they had cookies, donuts and Chex Mix as a spread for people to snack on. I had none of it. Before we left, I had my coffee with heavy cream, broth with butter and bouillon and 2 cream cheese clouds and was fine until we got home just before noon. Once we got home, I made bacon and eggs for all of us and feel great. Going to make Creamy Chicken Scampi for dinner tonight. Got more recipes I'm going to try out for dinner this week so I will post those as I try them out.

In other words, I feel thinner if that makes any sense. I'm not going to get on the scales again until next Friday and see what they show. I have also started supplementing the CO as advised per SLD and I will say sleep came a hell of a lot better last night. People at work have said that my hair looks a ton better since starting NK and I will say that for the first time in my life, I have strong fingernails. Never had that before.
    Georgette

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    good morning to you all. I am so NOT sleeping well at present, and I have no idea why. I don't feel hungry, but am losing weight quite steadily now. I have limited my Yerba mate to the morning only, I can only have coffee in the morning anyway, so no surprises there........I am truely at a loss as to know what my problem is.
    My daily calories have been sitting around 1200-1400, with a fat between 100-130gms, protein between 44-80gm and carb between 4-30gms.
    So I feel that I am eating enough.
    the weight that I am aiming for is 60kg, so carbs should be approx 30gms, protein - 60gms and fat about 120gms/day
    Maybe I need to eat more fat ???????
    thoughts please
    oh and I am trying to do about an hour of exersize each day just to get out and about, but I am not adding that in as extra calories.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I do not sleep well and haven't for years. How much of it is menopause? How much of it is too much on my brain? How much of it is a vitamin deficiency? i may never know but I celebrate the days I get a solid night's sleep. I am so happy for everyone who is sleeping better with this WOE!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.